AA County - Waysons Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

troymail

Silent Key
Call actively running as I type on the "Wayson's Channel" in Southern Maryland -- AACoFD fire alarm reported "the patch is set up".

Is anyone down there able to get this activity on the PGFD system?

Update: Medic Engine 94 was talking with fire alarm on ECHO (AA TG 144) and sounded odd -- sounded pretty clearly to be a digital transmission patched to the analog AACoFD TG 144.... Interesting.

Anyone have any details on how this works? I think AACoFD ECHO was is being patched to a PG TG for the repeater down there - so there is probably a TGID on the PG system that was carrying this activity. Several years ago, there was a similar setup for Howard County on the AA County system in the Elkridge area.

Last edited:

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
I do not normally monitor AAPD "Southern District" Talkgroup often but once in a while you will hear a police officer or dispatcher talking about the "Waysons Patch"

troymail

Silent Key
I believe what happens is the AACo unit switches to a talkgroup on the AACo radio which is really a talkgroup/channel on the PG County system. The dispatchers then patch the AACo talkgroup and the PG talkgroup together. This allows the AACo portable radios to hit the PG tower and then have that patched to the AACo talkgroup. But I am just guessing.

I'm curious to know if anyone can detect this activity on the PG system itself (would likely be on the Southern PG site)

dpm797

There are two Waysons Talk Groups for Anne Arundel on the Prince George System. 1 for Fire Department that is patched as needed and 1 for the Police Department Southern District. Police were talking about having it as a permenant patch to thier Southern District Dispatch Talk Group. Fire patches it as needed to the AACo Talk Group being used for the incident. Fire it is now TG 1-O. the fire talk group does operate in FDMA. These talkgroups are segregated to the Upper Marlborough tower.

Last edited:

ocguard

If we could only bring all the state's 700/800mhz MotoP25 systems together and network them with roaming, units would have almost continuous coverage in all of central MD without having to ever touch the radio.

troymail

Silent Key
Medic Engine 94 just requested that the Wayson Patch be activated again -- is anyone down there able to listen to PG radio and see if they can catch the PG talkgroup this AA County patch is using?

baydog

Last night around 11:30 PM units from AA Co, Calvert and Prince Georges were dispatched for a house fire in southern AA county. Units were requested to shift to the "Wayson" channel. A Calvert unit said they didn't have "Oscar" on their radio. Was this a reference to the "Wayson" channel?

troymail

Silent Key
See: Anne Arundel County Trunking System, Annapolis, Maryland - Scanner Frequencies

Fire/EMS Talkgroups

1O - Talkgroup 9003 on the Prince George's County trunked system (known as AAFD "Wayson's Channel"). Usage is per incident as command on the incident directs. When activated, all AAFD portable radios on the incident are directed to switch their portable radios to 1O, and AAFD dispatch (Fire Alarm) makes a patch from the PGFD talkgroup (9003) to the AAFD assigned talkgroup.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Didn't realize the Waysons Patch has been around 6 years!

Was listening to North Site of Prince Georges on my G4. I don't normally listen to PG on my G4 a lot but this is the first time I have noticed Police Waysons Patch on North Site.

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber
If we could only bring all the state's 700/800mhz MotoP25 systems together and network them with roaming, units would have almost continuous coverage in all of central MD without having to ever touch the radio.

Wish in one hand and S**T in the other, between the fifdoms it is nearly impossible!

I believe what happens is the AACo unit switches to a talkgroup on the AACo radio which is really a talkgroup/channel on the PG County system. The dispatchers then patch the AACo talkgroup and the PG talkgroup together. This allows the AACo portable radios to hit the PG tower and then have that patched to the AACo talkgroup. But I am just guessing.

I'm curious to know if anyone can detect this activity on the PG system itself (would likely be on the Southern PG site)

I have pg programmed in my scanner and Waysons corner is a talk group in pg county’s system not Anne arundels for some reason, I get waysons only when I’m in waysons or in upper marlboro, they use pg counties sites not Anne Arundels , I do not have a talk group names waysons programed in my Anne arendle sites . Only in Prince George’s system . They have I think two wayson talk groups. The closest thing Anne Arundel has is 11d southern district ( which is in edgewater ) , I don’t think waysons is in the Anne Arundel system on my Prince George s but I would have to double check I could be wrong

Medic Engine 94 just requested that the Wayson Patch be activated again -- is anyone down there able to listen to PG radio and see if they can catch the PG talkgroup this AA County patch is using?

I heard waysons before last week so they deff still use it from when I last checked , you can only get the talk group in upper Marlboro , I don’t think you can get it anywhere else . I’ll check to see if it’s still in use tomarrow if you want ..

I'm curious to know if anyone can detect this activity on the PG system itself (would likely be on the Southern PG site)[/QUOTE]

I deff got it listening to pg county only I don’t think I ever get it on Anne Arundels channels

awal

I get hits on it a lot from only the UM area as well. I get both, but mostly the fire group when it is a call in the Lothian area. Pretty much an AAFD/PGFD mutual aid.

In a sort of related matter - PGFD seems to be using the Bravo talkgroups more to communicate with hospitals.

dpm797

the two Waysons Talk groups that AACo has on the PG System only work on the Upper Marlboro tower by design as agreed upon by the two jurisdictions when they were created.

Status
Not open for further replies.