MSP in Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartboy06

Premium Subscriber
MSP joining forces with DPD to help fight crime

Anyone know how they're doing the comms for this? I haven't heard anything out of the ordinary on MSP talkgroups or any of the "I-EVENT" groups yet. I live way too far away from the city to pick up DPD to see if the special detail is working off of their talkgroups (which would probably make sense).

DougG2001

the troopers in D2 and trooper 2(MSP heli) have all dpd channels on their radios, and they switch to one of the DPD district channels to help them

Last edited:

hazard78

Feed Provider
i would try this talkgroup, i headrd some comm on there the other day

2161 871 D D2POSTS Metro Post 21: Districtwide Law Talk

Nick

kd8ati

Feed Provider
i would try this talkgroup, i headrd some comm on there the other day

2161 871 D D2POSTS Metro Post 21: Districtwide Law Talk

Nick

Thats not used for joint task force operations. It is more for conversations between troopers that are not intended for the dispatch talkgroup. I have only heard MSP and DPD using the same talkgroup on rare occasions. Usually it is on one of the G-Event talkgroups. Though I would not be surprised to see them using a DPD event talkgroup.

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
MSP joining forces with DPD to help fight crime

Anyone know how they're doing the comms for this? I haven't heard anything out of the ordinary on MSP talkgroups or any of the "I-EVENT" groups yet. I live way too far away from the city to pick up DPD to see if the special detail is working off of their talkgroups (which would probably make sense).

When Trooper 2 checks in he often tells Station #20 he will be up on DPD11.

8070 1f86 D DPD11 Command (Taskforce Base) Law Tac Wayne County (82) Detroit Police - Dispatch/Operations.

I am unable to monitor Detroit so I don't know how much activity is really there or if something else is being used.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.