Starcom 21 unknown talkgroups not in database?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Has anyone run across this issue on sc21 ?

tg 9099 is one of those. ISP is only thing for sure, maybe tollway authority.

n9zas

VASCAR2

I've been unable to ID TG 1726, 1727, 1728. I think they are probably Winnebago/Rockford or possibly Stephenson Co.

gewecke

Banned
I've been unable to ID TG 1726, 1727, 1728. I think they are probably Winnebago/Rockford or possibly Stephenson Co.

Traffic stops I-294 on tg 9099 just a hint so far.

tg 9088 spec event zone1a seems to be a bike race with support people using sc21 radios.

tg 1736 is winnebago county and the only tg so far I've heard here from that agency. I'll listen for the others.
I think with the state ISP consolidation we may hear some more "mystery tg's" :wink:

Thanks for the reply.

n9zas

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
9099 is ISP D15 South (294 south of 88, all of 88, and all of 355). The 172x series groups would put them right in the middle of the Winnebago County groups, I would imagine those are theirs.

gewecke

Banned
9099 is ISP D15 South (294 south of 88, all of 88, and all of 355). The 172x series groups would put them right in the middle of the Winnebago County groups, I would imagine those are theirs.

Thanks.
That's what I wondered concerning tg 9099, it just wasn't shown in the RR database for some reason.
...Interesting stuff sometimes.

n9zas

jts203

Premium Subscriber
9099 is in the database under ISP District 15, as is 9098, which is the North Tollway talkgroup. Both can be very busy with traffic stops and accidemts.

PeoriaOEM

Feed Provider
Winnebago Co. Sheriff was still using analog the last time I was in the area (less than a month ago). Are they going to switch over?

VASCAR2

I heard Winnebago County on SC21 talking to Troopers & CPO's along the Rock River during a rock music festival. I was up there last week and they were still on VHF HB but have the capability to talk on SC21. Winnebago Co dispatches for several smaller PD's and use 3 if not 4 VHF HB frequencies on a daily basis.

I don't know if WCSO has narrow banded or if they are going to change frequencies or bands.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
I see a 13xxx when playing with DSD and SDR#.. Sounds like it's I-94 ops..Help trucks and such.. Couldn't find it here, or on CARMA's list...Will have to see if I can get the full number again...

gewecke

Banned
DSD picks it out, I get a lot of traffic there. Been thinking about putting it in my 396t and seeing what happens..

Interesting, since the database doesn't even show the Ill. toll authority as having tg's in the 32's all of them are 20-23's
We'll have to do some more research, I guess. :wink:

n9zas

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Interesting, since the database doesn't even show the Ill. toll authority as having tg's in the 32's all of them are 20-23's
We'll have to do some more research, I guess. :wink:

n9zas

That's the fun part isn't it?:D

kb9jxq

tg 32112 is tollway authority i think help trucks & or private tow companies contracted w/tollway

Listen live K6HOG

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Make that 32112 definitely Tollway ops of some sort...

Are you talking about talkgroup 32112 or unit ID (UID) 32112, Gene? No notes here for 32xxx talkgroups, but 32xxx UIDs are reported to be McHenry County. If this is a UID and not a talkgroup number, perhaps the traffic you monitored pertained to an incident that occurred on the portion of I-90 that passes through McHenry County.

FWIW, there is a fairly extensive list of observed Starcom21 UIDs available at StarCom21 Statewide P25 - 700/800 MHz (Illinois) - The RadioReference Wiki .

Kevin

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
DSD says it's a talk group.. as I've said in my last couple posts.

I'd highly doubt that it's a unit number since it shows for dispatcher and several individual mobiles.

gewecke

Banned
DSD says it's a talk group.. as I've said in my last couple posts.

I'd highly doubt that it's a unit number since it shows for dispatcher and several individual mobiles.

I plugged that in as a talkgroup and haven't heard anything on it, but then I'm quite a distance south of you.
I'm sure the same is true for some of the tg's around here that you may not hear which I think may not be carried by all tower sites. The wildcard does yield some interesting things at times! :wink:

n9zas

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
I plugged that in as a talkgroup and haven't heard anything on it, but then I'm quite a distance south of you.
I'm sure the same is true for some of the tg's around here that you may not hear which I think may not be carried by all tower sites. The wildcard does yield some interesting things at times! :wink:

n9zas

That wouldn't surprise me as I only pick it up when I'm on one of the McHenry County towers with DSD and SDR#..

My former boss was broken hearted when I told him his scanner wouldn't allow him to listen to Belvidere from anywhere in the state.. And that if there was no Belvidere radio on the tower he was listening to he'd hear nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.