Had anyone else been told Monday Allentown PD is off line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friendly

An Allentown PA. Police Officer told me today that starting Monday individuals will NO longer be able to listen to the police bands.

Has anyone else have knowledge of this or heard anything?

Many thanks, and I heard this from someone in authority who would know.

Friendly

No matter what they use to Broadcast with the crimes and gangs in Allentown are going to continue get worse. I went to the open house of Fort Apache at 10 TH and Hamilton Streets.

We were suppose to see real change, of course they must have meant after our home was broken into again, our car vandalized, my neighbor's car stolen all with in days of the open house for Fort Apache Allentown.

Then it took us ONE HOUR AND 20 MINUTES TO GET a single cop to our home. I could walk to Fort Apache in 5 minutes.

I was born and raised in center city Allentown. For 64+ plus years I have lived in the same neighborhood and it is NOT EVEN A SHADOW OF WHAT IT HAD BEEN.

People who we know thought I was kidding until they read in the Morning Call thugs are being arrested with machetes in Allentown, now they believe and would NEVER EVER COME INTO TOWN AGAIN FOR ANYTHING.

Just because you personally haven't been shot yet we are suppose to think things are good, BS!!

Last edited:

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
No matter what they use to Broadcast with the crimes and gangs in Allentown are going to continue get worse. I went to the open house of Fort Apache at 10 TH and Hamilton Streets.

We were suppose to see real change, of course they must have meant after our home was broken into again, our car vandalized, my neighbor's car stolen all with in days of the open house for Fort Apache Allentown.

Then it took us ONE HOUR AND 20 MINUTES TO GET a single cop to our home. I could walk to Fort Apache in 5 minutes.

I was born and raised in center city Allentown. For 64+ plus years I have lived in the same neighborhood and it is NOT EVEN A SHADOW OF WHAT IT HAD BEEN.

People who we know thought I was kidding until they read in the Morning Call thugs are being arrested with machetes in Allentown, now they believe and would NEVER EVER COME INTO TOWN AGAIN FOR ANYTHING.

Just because you personally haven't been shot yet we are suppose to think things are good, BS!!

Sounds like its time to buy a gun or two or three and an ample supply of amo if you haven't already.

One13Truck

Feed Provider

It's not just Allentown. All of NEPa is just as bad now. Every day the top stories on the news is shootings, stabbings, home invasions, carjackings, armed robberies, meth labs, and drug busts. I "jokingly" keep track of how long it's been since the last shooting/stabbing incident in the area and rarely lately does it get over 24 or 48 hours. This is certainly not the area I grew up in.

With that said it's sad Allentown is going to encryption too. Just because the technology is out there doesn't mean it should be done. Working in emergency services I like being able to listen and know when we're going out of our 1st due coverage areas. With the encryption that makes it harder to know what's going on and what we're in for when we get there.

Friendly

Reading Outlets last month has less shoppers.

We were down to the Reading Outlets last month. There were many empty parking spaces and no buses.

I was sitting outside waiting for my wife and I asked the Security man what happened to Black and Decker, it had two stores and I could not find either?

He said they closed and the entire top floor of at least one of the buildings is closed now. Then he said they are getting many less buses from out of town and state coming with shoppers.

The management believes the crime in the city of Reading is driving out shoppers and profits.

Some of Lancaster's mall are seeing a decline as well do to crime and gangs coming into Lancaster and York.

The criminals are hurting the malls here too. I was out to Lens Crafters last month and when I went to leave two Ethnic gangs started a fight at that exit, no one could come or go.

Families fled into the mall I went back into Lens Crafters. The employees told us this happens at least once a month at their exit and more often some where in the malls in Whitehall now.

Friendly

I believe Reading is asking for Federal Help now. The news had something about Reading asking Senator Casey for Federal Aid in fighting the drugs and gangs.

Friendly

I wouldn't care if they used the Pony Express, Bicycle rider delivery boys or the Telegraph if the authorities would JUST CLEAN UP ALLENTOWN.

When they opened Fort Apache at 10 TH and Hamilton I attended the Open House. We were lead to believe it was going to be a great addition and cut the crime rate in our area.

We would be living in Mayberry with Sheriff Taylor and Aunt Bee.

Within two weeks we were broken into, a security door and bars smashed, TVs, PCs jewelry and more all gone. Then someone put a 4X4 through the wife rear window. Two weeks after the first break in they stole somethings off the back porch. I was only gone 10 minutes.

NOW WE HAVE AN ALARM SYSTEM AND WE HAVE SEEN NOTHING WHATS SO EVER IMPROVE, FORT APACHE OR NOT!!

I lived in my neighborhood 64 + plus years and the last 25 have been a criminal nightmare. When we were broken into the last time I told the cop I heard a man being killed from this very seat. I heard the shots and then on my old scanner the cop could be heard discovering the body. HE SAID "THAT WAS ME, IT WAS MY FIRST BODY".

With this economy and at our ages we can not just move out. I had to laugh when the Captain told me he has lived in Allentown for 10 years and I said THATS' THE PROBLEM, YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS CITY HAD BEEN AND WILL NEVER BE AGAIN.

Septa3371CSX1

Sounds like some officials in Allentown are concerned not so much that criminals have scanners but rather smart phones with streaming scanner apps. This is becoming a common trend in many places as agencies switch to digital encrypted systems thinking it will help keep criminals out of the loop. The problem is it doesn't really solve any problems other than the ability for criminals to listen in. This switch won't solve the crime problem in Allentown it will only serve as a way to keep town watches, freelance reporters, hobbyists, etc from being able to keep an ear on what is going on.

Anyone know where Allentown got the money to make this switch?

Friendly

Let me ask our Neighborhood Group Leader. He worked for the city for years and now leads our neighborhood. A Police Stolen Car Task Force Officer spoke at one of the meetings not long ago and the next week the Group Leader had his Honda stolen out front of their home on 13 TH.

The Police haven't recovered even a value stem cover from it yet.

knsjulian

Feed Provider
They got the money from federal grants is what I was told. I doubt that many criminals listen to the feed but I could be wrong. Them going encrypted isnt going to do a damn thing with the crime. I think the mayor just doesnt want us hearing what is going on in allentown since according to him crime is down but listening to the scanner tells another story. We shall see what happens and I am sure the city will be proven wrong again. We need new leaders in Allentown starting with the mayor.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Sounds like some officials in Allentown are concerned not so much that criminals have scanners but rather smart phones with streaming scanner apps.

Where did you hear that from? Inside source or public info? Sounds like you're just making stuff up to cause a ruckus...

SCPD

QRT
I wouldn't care if they used the Pony Express, Bicycle rider delivery boys or the Telegraph if the authorities would JUST CLEAN UP ALLENTOWN.

When they opened Fort Apache at 10 TH and Hamilton I attended the Open House. We were lead to believe it was going to be a great addition and cut the crime rate in our area.

We would be living in Mayberry with Sheriff Taylor and Aunt Bee.

Within two weeks we were broken into, a security door and bars smashed, TVs, PCs jewelry and more all gone. Then someone put a 4X4 through the wife rear window. Two weeks after the first break in they stole somethings off the back porch. I was only gone 10 minutes.

NOW WE HAVE AN ALARM SYSTEM AND WE HAVE SEEN NOTHING WHATS SO EVER IMPROVE, FORT APACHE OR NOT!!

I lived in my neighborhood 64 + plus years and the last 25 have been a criminal nightmare. When we were broken into the last time I told the cop I heard a man being killed from this very seat. I heard the shots and then on my old scanner the cop could be heard discovering the body. HE SAID "THAT WAS ME, IT WAS MY FIRST BODY".

With this economy and at our ages we can not just move out. I had to laugh when the Captain told me he has lived in Allentown for 10 years and I said THATS' THE PROBLEM, YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS CITY HAD BEEN AND WILL NEVER BE AGAIN.
I sympathize with your situation, I really do, but... maybe its time to leave before something worse happens to you or your wife. I lived in Oakland, California for 10 years, so... I have an idea what you're talking about. Good luck to you.

Friendly

I have spoken to citizens of our State Capital, Lancaster, York, Erie, Scranton, Macungie, Reading, and on and on the State of PA is being invalided by gangs, thugs, slugs and other vermin.

There are no safe havens in our State any longer. Harrisburg is bankrupt, our state capital

I was watching the Discovery Channel one night and it was THE GANGS OF ANCHORAGE ALASKA.

We could not believe ethnic gangs are a real issue in Anchorage Alaska, and it was not the Eskimos.

Look at the shooting today in Wisconsin our country is out of control. It is being taken over by illegals and their gangs and we have a president who wants to give them free college.

They are all over the south, Virginia, North Carolina and Florida have real problems. There is no state, county or community that crime is NOT a real problem and increasing more each year.

There is NO sanctuary in this life for any of us it will have to be with HIM in the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.