Scanner as a feed provider

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Some of that will depend on what you want to broadcast.
I my self have a couple of Vhf channels on an old Uniden BC350.
Also have used a BCD996T, Motorola Visar, MTS2000.

If your trying to do a feed of a system thats say, 9600P25 then you need a new scanner, if your doing some conventional VHF or UHF channels that opens up the field a lot wider.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
That really depends on what it is you want to stream. Is it analog, digital, trunked, conventional? This will determine which scanner would be needed.

Go to your local database and determine what is available and what is already being streamed.

I have found that base type scanners like the BCT15X and the BCD996XT which have record out jacks work the best. The audio level management is easier. I use the BCT15X for my feed, which is analog. The 996XT is digital if you would need that.

wb2oqq

Feed Provider
Thank you for your responses. I ordered the Pro-107 based on the reviews I read and the price, since it will be dedicated to the computer. I appreciate the help, now please don't tell me 'you made a terrible choice'....

Peter

wb2oqq

Feed Provider
Thank you

My call is WB2OQQ I operate mostly on our amateur satellites, you have John, K8YSE a great satellite operator and mentor, living in your State. The FT-60r is a terrific radio, and works on the satellites very well.

73's Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.