Jamming on NYC Amateur Radio Rptrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

namhcor

What's with all the jamming going on? It seems like a bootlegger named "Danny" and his friends have been jamming some of the high profile 70cm repeaters in NYC, mostly WB2HWW, KQ2H and K2MAK. Why do the repeater owners keep allowing this nonsense to continue? They should be shutting down their repeaters as soon as the jamming and cursing commence!

jim202

What's with all the jamming going on? It seems like a bootlegger named "Danny" and his friends have been jamming some of the high profile 70cm repeaters in NYC, mostly WB2HWW, KQ2H and K2MAK. Why do the repeater owners keep allowing this nonsense to continue? They should be shutting down their repeaters as soon as the jamming and cursing commence!

That's what those clowns want. They want to be in control. The last time I heard about this going on, the club took up directional hunting and located the culprits. Had a blanket party and never had the problem again.

W2NJS

Because, unlike the "old days" of years ago when repeaters actually had control operators monitoring most of the time, repeaters no longer have a control operator listening most of the time. You need a few trusted people who have the control codes so that the machine can be shut down when bad things happen.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
A better idea would be to install aux receivers on a different band on the repeaters so that the paired input receiver can shut down, and trusted system users can continue to keep the repeater transmitter on the air with normal traffic.

namhcor

I thought that the FCC still requires control operators to monitor amateur radio repeaters in order to shut them off when illegal activity occurs. Why aren't the repeater owners being held accountable?

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
This has been going on for years. Most of the time the ESB machine would alway be shut off.

If I was a repeater owner I'd shut it down. But if I noticed the same person kept causing issues I'd leave it own and do some dfing.

The jamming used to be worse when Bob TGY was still around. They loved messing with him.

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
There is someone (don't know his call sign) that continues to goad the jammer and this helps to encourage them.

I once mentioned this to him on the air and he got pissed and said that "ignoring them doesn't work".

What I don't understand is why, if they have df'd him, don't they sic the FCC on him?

It's very aggravating, but I don't acknowledge him and it seems to work, at least to a degree. He (the jammer) tries to interfere with our weekly ARES net, and we never acknowledge him at all.

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
That W2GOP idiot on K2MAK's repeater is no better. The loser is full of hate.

It's a shame that grown ups, one of whom has studied and passed at least one ham test behave like little kids in the school yard.

If only they would taunt each other on an unused simplex channel. Instead they have to mess things up for everyone else.

I just don't get it.

W2JOE

Premium Subscriber

I have a question?? What's with the non call user name you have here on radio reference.
Is it because you want to remain stealth? OR is it cause your Just a coward.
Name calling without identity is a cowardly act where I am from!
W2JOE
Joe B.

namhcor

Where does it say in the forum rules that I have to use my call sign as my user name and why are you personally attacking me Joe?

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
I have a question?? What's with the non call user name you have here on radio reference.
Is it because you want to remain stealth? OR is it cause your Just a coward.
Name calling without identity is a cowardly act where I am from!
W2JOE
Joe B.

How did this post make it through moderation being it is under the 4 post rule ?

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
It's a shame that grown ups, one of whom has studied and passed at least one ham test behave like little kids in the school yard.

If only they would taunt each other on an unused simplex channel. Instead they have to mess things up for everyone else.

I just don't get it.

It is my experience that some repeater dwellers do not realize there is activity outside of repeaters on FM.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
How did this post make it through moderation being it is under the 4 post rule ?
It made it through because there is nothing particularly wrong with it. He asked a question and the person responded appropriately. What is the difficulty? What you don't see, and won't because I deleted it is W2JOE's response and his 2nd post here.

In that regard, let me make three points:
  1. Joe, we don't allow you to post inflammatory items and your post that I deleted comes close to attacking another member; another thing we don't allow.
  2. You are happy letting everyone know your call sign and that is fine. I am also a Ham and don't use my call sign as my UserID, does it look like I am hiding? Or do you think using my actual real name is hiding?
  3. You have been a member for more than 2 years and I would expect, even though you have not posted before, to know the rules of the forums. Don't start your forum presence with the aggressive attitude shown in the deleted post, you won't last here if you do.

W2JOE

Premium Subscriber
It made it through because there is nothing particularly wrong with it. He asked a question and the person responded appropriately. What is the difficulty? What you don't see, and won't because I deleted it is W2JOE's response and his 2nd post here.

In that regard, let me make three points:
  1. Joe, we don't allow you to post inflammatory items and your post that I deleted comes close to attacking another member; another thing we don't allow.
  2. You are happy letting everyone know your call sign and that is fine. I am also a Ham and don't use my call sign as my UserID, does it look like I am hiding? Or do you think using my actual real name is hiding?
  3. You have been a member for more than 2 years and I would expect, even though you have not posted before, to know the rules of the forums. Don't start your forum presence with the aggressive attitude shown in the deleted post, you won't last here if you do.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander! His post was attacking someone so you need to moderate a little better in case you missed it:

By namhcor:

So what is this is it an attack or an honor?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.