How to run two feeds at same time help

Status
Not open for further replies.

clmaini

Hello....

not sure if this is the correct section of the forums to ask this but here goes.

how does one go about setting up 2 feeds..at same time? is there a thread about this somewhere?

do you need to run 2 instances of scannercast?

thanks...chris..

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
To provide two feeds using the same computer you'll need to have two sound cards (one could be a USB "card") (you can't use a single sound card's mic in for one feed and line in for another).

You'll one one copy of ScannerCast to provide one feed with and run a second copy to provide the other feed. You'll tell each copy which sound card it should record from. When setting them up, you'll need to have two different ScannerCast directories on your PC (one for each feed) so that each copy of ScannerCast can keep its settings separate from the other.

-- Gordon

vk3hau

Feed Provider
Another way is to do what I have done, I have 4 feeds with 1 in stereo, I run all feeds on one PC, an old AMD Athon XP 2100, the Scannercast software for each feed is in there own folders, and the best part, I don't have any Sound cards install into this computer, I run a Tascam FW-1804 audio unit, and it has 8 channels in and 4 channels out via Firewire, It works really well.. VK3HAU.

Gippsland Police Q1 and Q2 Gippsland Police Q1 and Q2
Gippsland Vic Fire Gippsland Vic Fire
Rural Ambulance Victoria RavNet Rural Ambulance Victoria RavNet
Victoria State Emergency Services Victoria State Emergency Services

Status
Not open for further replies.