chicago police unit numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

medic9351301

Banned
hello

i am in the city on business and would like to know if any one has a master unit id list also what does the
numbers mean on top to the light bar ie 2130 (what does this mean) thanks

hello

i am in the city on business and would like to know if any one has a master unit id list also what does the
numbers mean on top to the light bar ie 2130 (what does this mean) thanks

The Beat number Black and white tag on the light bar is: the first two indicate the district, the second two the beat, in this case the # 2130 is a 21st district three sector sergeant.
chicagosfinest

path

units number confusion

Is the unit number the officer uses and the number on the car different? Also what is the reason for the word or letter after the unit number,ie 2410r or 2410 eddy?

marcinek

Yes, they are different, and the letter, as far as I understand related to the watch (or shift). R = Robert is the "relief" watch...I believe it is one of the "not day" watches

scraech

700 & 800's are my heroes. :) ex: 835 Robert not exactly where I would like to work

bondsquad

Chicago PD radio identifiers

Has anyone seen an updated list in the past few years? The most recent I've found is from 2009.

CommJunkie

Random question:

I know it's fiction, but the TV show Chicago PD is supposed to be out of the 21st district, but the radio numbers they use are 5021(letter). Wouldn't that be backwards? Shouldn't they be 2150(letter)?

N9IIT

Random question:

I know it's fiction, but the TV show Chicago PD is supposed to be out of the 21st district, but the radio numbers they use are 5021(letter). Wouldn't that be backwards? Shouldn't they be 2150(letter)?

I'm sure for TV they fake everything including radio ID's. Don't want to give away too many secrets

Kim & Adam and Kevin (when they were on the show) always went by 2113 cause they are Patrol, Intelligence is Tactical so they use different radio IDs than what Uniform Patrol does

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
www.carmachicago.com Info

The numbers on the top of the cars are the "beat tag" that is their radio # its only on marked cars.

This has the radio numbers and frequencies. Its 8 years old its been revised a few times since,but it will give you the basics.

http://www.carmachicago.com/profiles/chgofreq2.pdf

Please be advised that our website ( www.carmachicacgo.com ) will be going down some time in 2019. Since the demise of the social group of CARMA, resources will be utilized to access the info that has been previously uploaded to the CARMA website. These resources are groups.io, Radio Reference, and Facebook.

Thank you for all your past support with CARMA. The group has run its course, and it's time to move on.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Their isn't a running list distributed anymore. If their is an inquiry about a beat number's unit of assignment, it's now done through the CPD internet. The last "list" I have is around 2009.

As far as the TV show goes, they chose the 21st District because it's no longer an active District. The 2nd & 21st District were combined years ago and the borders were changed.

bondsquad

Their isn't a running list distributed anymore. If their is an inquiry about a beat number's unit of assignment, it's now done through the CPD internet. The last "list" I have is around 2009.

As far as the TV show goes, they chose the 21st District because it's no longer an active District. The 2nd & 21st District were combined years ago and the borders were changed.

Can you expand a bit - what do you mean by CPD internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.