Columbia County Digital TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Columbia County officials, have filed an application with the FCC to erect a Project 25, Phase-II TRS. After reading the attachments with this filing, this entry appears to be the first of more applications that may follow in the coming days. With that said, this new TRS appears to be a simulcast system. More information is available on the FCC Web site:

License application

Supporting letter

73's

Ron

SCPD

QRT
As of yesterday, August 29, 2012, antennas have been installed on the new tower adjacent to the weigh station on I-20 Westbound side. We should be hearing some data control channels soon(?) If this system is P25 phase 2 hopefully we'll have someone in the area with the right scanner that can start providing talk group info.

Thunderbolt

As of yesterday, August 29, 2012, antennas have been installed on the new tower adjacent to the weigh station on I-20 Westbound side. We should be hearing some data control channels soon(?) If this system is P25 phase 2 hopefully we'll have someone in the area with the right scanner that can start providing talk group info.

Yes, you should. They want to start radio coverage testing within the next 30-45 days. So once the licenses are granted, the system should come online shortly thereafter.

73's

Ron

Thunderbolt

Here are the radio frequencies for the system. From the newspaper article, this TRS should be online. Can anyone search out the data channel, system ID, and the WACN, and submit them to the database?

73's

Ron

nbarco

Premium Subscriber
It seems like they have made the switch. It has been quiet and the dispatcher has been telling units that they are using the P800 system. I haven't noticed any 800mhz antenna on the vehicles, but can confirm traffic on the frequencies provided above. The pro-106 will stop at the frequency but does not decipher the transmission. May have to jump up to psr-800 if someone can verify that it works and that encryption is not being used.

Ryangn

My scanner has gone quiet as well. I am not deciphering anything on the new frequencies either. Now I am no pro at this but I think I have it (BC796D) programmed correctly. The data channel is showing activity and the other channels are also and will flash LNK but I do not know what that means. Sorry I am not much more help than that. I will keep playing around with it I guess.

Ryangn

Well never mind cause after my researching I found my 796 will not work on this system. Guess I need to get me a psr800 unless I am incorrect.

nbarco

Premium Subscriber
Not sure they are encrypted, but definitely on the X2-TDMA that our regular digital scanners won't pick up.

nbarco

Premium Subscriber
After reading the proposal, the system is interoperable with Phase I and conventional systems. Therefore, we should be able to hear some traffic if they patch with Richmond County. Also, if one radio is authenticated on the system as conventional or Phase 1 the system defaults to that standard. Troopers often monitor the local PDs. If their radios are not Phase II and they monitor then the system will operate in Phase I or analog. Please someone verify if the PSR-800 will definitely work. If they are also encrypted it won't be worth the expense.

Thanks...

nbarco

Premium Subscriber
Today I programmed the control channel and monitored for a couple of hours with my pro-106. I noticed that there is heavy traffic on TG 1, 2, 1001, and 1002. I am hearing encrypted voice, which means Phase 1. The scanner displays DG with NAC of 541.

AMROCKS

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone run the Pro96Com software, and find out the System ID and WACN for this TRS?

73's

Ron

Ron,
I have a BC996XT and I installed the Pro96Com software but I can't seem to get software to talk to the radio. I run Proscan with my BC996XT so I know my connection to my laptop is good. On the web site is shows that the software will run with a BC996XT but there is no option for this radio in the drop down. If you could tell me how to get this running I would be glad to decode the info we need to listen. I live in grovetown and would be willing to meet you somewhere to help get this figured out if that would make things easier.

Rocky

AMROCKS

Premium Subscriber
Rocky, try using the 396xt setting from the drop down box on the decoding scanner type.

Mark

Thanks Mark! I will give that a try first thing tomorrow. Also I just realized that Ron is located in Michigan... Don't think I will be meeting up with ya. I assumed that everyone on this thread was local to Columbia County Georgia - but that's what I get for assuming.

Status
Not open for further replies.