Programming Pro-197 with ARC500 Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

richie9911

I am tring to import freq. from RR using ARC500 Software. The Local police frequencies use p25 trunking system. When I import they show up as conventional channels. When I program the scanner with what
I import ..I hear nothing. Please Help...Thank You

Monroe County New York

Rich

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Correct, those are conventional P25 frequencies in Monroe County, not a trunked system. If they were part of a trunked system, they would not be listed in the conventional section of the page like they are.

puzzleriddle

I notice in his post he does not have the premium membership to RR... Yes I know that ARC500 is good for 2 free downloads but it only good for 14 days I believe.

richie9911

Sorry for the misunderstanding on the p25 conventional frequencies . I have used other software in the past and didnt have any problem with programming this scanner. I can program the scanner with no problem using ARC500 software... but I hear no audio on the p25 frequencies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Make sure you have the latest version of ARC500 installed. There was an issue with these P25 conventional frequencies a few months ago, where the NAC was not getting imported correctly. I don't remember the specifics and whether a software update was required.

Also, take a look at the NAC's after they are imported and make sure they match what is in the database here. If they aren't correct, you're not going to hear anything.

richie9911

I was just going to post that I found that the NAC's did not import correctly. I changed them and all is working fine....Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.