Scannercast running and logged in but "error-not connected" message

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried searching on the forums for my problem, but I haven't had any luck. I am running scanner cast to provide my feed to radio reference. I am not sending tags, it is just a regular audio 3.5mm plug sending audio to the pc. I have been providing the feed for almost 2 years now without any problems. All of a sudden, it says that there is an "Error-Not Connected" message next to "RR Connection" under the status tab. When I'm under the config tab, it says that it is logged in and scannercast status is "running". I am using version 0.14. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thank you!
AllenhurstFire

mjbjr

Does it look like this? Mine always shows this,but since its broadcasting,I never paid anymore attention to it.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 228

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I believe that "connection" is referring to the data cable, which would be used to "communicate" with the scanner if you were sending alpha tags or using virtual control.

The audio cable sends "audio only" from the scanner to the PC. It is not used to communicate with the scanner.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I understand what you are saying about communicating with the scanner, but nothing has changed with my setup and all of a sudden the icon in the task bar is red and I get the error message under status. I've included a photo to help clarify.

Attachments

• Scannercast.jpg
    Scannercast.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 244

SCPD

QRT
Another shot in the dark... Any firewalls running... Software or hardware.... preventing your outgoing connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.