freescan software

Status
Not open for further replies.

brmorgan

Where can i find the freescan software for uniden scanners. I have a 396t, my old computer just died, and i need to download the software on another computer.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Where can i find the freescan software for uniden scanners. I have a 396t, my old computer just died, and i need to download the software on another computer.

Google is your friend.

oft

Premium Subscriber
Just a "friendly reminder"

If you are using the "USB-1" USB cable, you must also remember to download the driver software that can be found and downloaded at the link below and pay very close attention to the "You must run this installer prior to plugging in the USB-1 cable. This installer creates the following driver on your system: " statement when installing the driver software.

https://www.scannermaster.com/USB_Cable_p/01-551038.htm

Hexmaster

Premium Subscriber
New Question for Free Scan. Thanks to all for answers :)

I have read the administrators rules on posting. But there are so many threads and post in here it can be like looking for a needle in a hay stack. I tried the search engine but I did not get anything solid enough back to the point where I would change the (threshold setting) while uploading to my (bcd996xt).

I don't under stand the threshold setting in Free scan and many other things. Grouping I kind of understand, If I don't check any grouping boxes and go through my scanner it all gets put in one place or name. My scanner holds 25,000 freq's I had over 1,000 in it just by putting all the statewide trooper in it on IL starcom21/PII and the memory was only at 5%!

But that got boring fast. Why does Digital seem to scan ten times faster than conventional?

So if Anyone could Explain grouping a bit more to me that would be great. Yes Here I go again this time with some more advanced Elementary questions! Someday I'll be with the big boys.

Yes I have more questions but let's stick to these two for right now, I don't want you guys to give up on me. All of you have been great and I will help others or pay it forward as I learn. Thanks. Yes the first thing I did to my scanner when I got it was update the firmware after I realized I threw out that computer 14 years ago that Uniden gives people the SERIAL cable for! Nice move Uniden, slick I must say. They made an extra $37 of me after shipping. I run all Macs so thank god for Parallels. I run Windows 7 in a virtual machine then I run Free Scan on top of 7 in a virtual machine on a 12 core Mac Pro tower so plenty of programing power there. Maybe to much ya think? of subject. O.K I'll be waiting because I want to program some new frequencies in.

Thank you for your time and feed back. Criticism is welcome also. Like Ying without the Yang!

Hexmaster

Premium Subscriber

conann9

scanner 396xt uniden

Hi my uniden396xt scanner i have programmed with good freg , but there is one its a police freg that when i listen to it it stops for about 10 seconds or more then continue onward , reason i know asi have a other scanner on same freg and it not stop on it so its a older scanner uniden 3000 great old one works good it a anaolong feg 136.675 so it there a setting of some sort in the 396xt that needs to be reset or someting i have the fire in i digital working real good so any one has a idea thanks

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
If using freescan and the bcd996P2 be sure to download the BETA version of Freescan. regular freescan will not work with the p2 and it told me this. Once I downloaded BETA, it worked fine. this really helped me that i had read this somewhere awhile back.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Assaf, cpuerror known here has definitely been doing other things and freescan has been put on the back burner. He at times hasn't been on his forums for weeks at times.
I was rather the primary one for several months to answer any questions that once in awhile showed in the forums that also occasionally would go down too.

His real life came into play and of course is most important, I asked about it on those forums - its a cached version since the forums are in accesible and it takes some 10 seconds to pull the data -
Freescan losing support?

Suggest if you have a copy freescan 2.18b6 - the latest, be sure not to delete it!

Last edited:

Circa

This site seems to work fine (check the version of the software, tho)

https://sites.google.com/site/sixspotsoftware/products/freescan

Mike

Just ran into the issue where their website is down.
Sixspotsoftware.com - Is Sixspotsoftware Down Right Now?

Saw the link for the google code page and was able to download it.
Since I am unable to access the terms of distribution of their software, I'm going to assume that I would be allowed to upload it here.

Links for: FreeScan fssetup-218-b6.zip (Sep 15 2015) and a copy of the Changelogs.

fssetup-218-b6.zip
2.18-b6 Changelogs

Uploaded and Shared with Archival intentions only. Please remove if this is in violation of any copyrights.

Status
Not open for further replies.