Kearny

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Yesterday while was on Weather Watch I had a radio sitting on Kearny EMS was 502.7625 DPL 023,
All I heard was the MONOC paramedics checking in responding to the EMS calls.

I am riding my local squad today and called the Kearny Police and asked if the EMS agency which is known as " Kearny Ambulance " is still operating on the Kearny Fire 2 channel I was told by the Kearny Police Department that the " Kearny Ambulance " is now on Kearny Police channel 1 which is 501.4625 with a NAC code of 293.

I will make some follow up calls and emails today because NONE of the mutual squads or the medics are capable to communicate with them on the Kearny Police digital P25 police channel. So this will be interesting.

Stay Tuned !!

ESA110

I've been hearing "ems1" and "ems2" in the clear all day today on KPD 1. The KPD has the encryption engaged again so I only hear the units responding and calling in mileage. I likes it better when they were on fire 2.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Kearny is a complete mess when it comes to communications, Kearny Ambulance where given 12 portable radios they will transmit in the clear on Police 1, Mutual aid and Medics are still going to use fire 2. Kearny fire department shortly will have East Orange fire department dispatching them on Kearny Fire channel 1. Stay tuned this continue to get interesting I am sure in no ime there have me freq's then Jackson Twp.

ESA110

I thought it was crazy when they changed freqs on odd and even months! Regarding Kearny ambulance, they transmit in the clear but can hear encrypted transmissions? I heard them responding in the clear and acknowledging the KPD desk which was encrypted. I wish they would just make up their mind! You are right, they are all over the place! Who is using the old 460. mHz chan. the parking guys or did they abandon it? It seemed to lock up all the time after KPD left it.

ansky

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BlackBerry; Opera Mini/7.0.30024/28.2504; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

mondaro said:
Kearny is a complete mess when it comes to communications, Kearny Ambulance where given 12 portable radios they will transmit in the clear on Police 1, Mutual aid and Medics are still going to use fire 2. Kearny fire department shortly will have East Orange fire department dispatching them on Kearny Fire channel 1. Stay tuned this continue to get interesting I am sure in no ime there have me freq's then Jackson Twp.

Why would Kearny FD have East Orange dispatching them? The towns are not even next to each other. Also, wouldn't it delay the response as the 911 call into Kearny would have to be transferred over to the dispatcher in EO?

AlexC

Database Admin
Keep in mind depending on how this is setup where they dispatch they could be using different keys to talk to different units on the channel. They will run in to a problem though with units bumping in to each other on the air if they all don't use the same key on the same channel.

ESA110

@alexc - I didn't think of that. That is a strong possibility. @ansky - I read in the local paper and it's all about $. The contact for EOFD to dispatch I think is $92k a year as opposed to having their uniformed FF's dispatching at around $100k salary each. I heard REMCS isn't taking any new contracts due to a possible take over by Rutgers (I'm sure Mondaro has more info on that). They have an option to renew or get out of EOFD dispatching after a year or 2. Their communications is so messed up already I can only imagine what this will do! The paper did mention some 911 mixups and that Kearny would have to forward calls to EOFD.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Yes, Boys and Girls a mess and we get to watch or shall I say listen to it all unfold in the coming months. The Police system is so Fxxxed Up that KPD has no idea what going on that's why some units are in the clear and other are not. I run a local squad that does M/A to Kearny our agency and the medics call in on Fire 2 but very seldom do we get an answer from the police desk, sad but true., so most of the times if where looking for an update or just want to know some directions will call in on Fire 1 with no problems what so ever god knows what happens which KFD makes the switch to East Orange which should be within the next few weeks. Stay Tuned !!

AC2OY

Tony I thought of you earlier I was right nextbto the Kearny Ambulance today on Franklin Ave. in Belleville. If I ever get my call signI look forward to talking to you!!

ESA110

I heard East Orange Fire Testing with Kearny FD today on KFD's morning radio test. I guess the change to EOFD dispatching will be coming fairly soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.