Unknown digital traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC9UNK

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; LG-US670 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I've been hearing some digital traffic on 154.190 in the winnebago county area, with a NAC code of 29E . Does anyone by chance have an idea of what agency this could be?

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
What kind of traffic? That was at one time, the main Fire freq for Rockford/Winnebago county...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; LG-US670 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I've been hearing some digital traffic on 154.190 in the winnebago county area, with a NAC code of 29E . Does anyone by chance have an idea of what agency this could be?

That is a analog mutual aid fire channel all over illinois, is it possible you were getting intermod?

n9zas

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
That is a analog mutual aid fire channel all over illinois, is it possible you were getting intermod?

n9zas

I programmed 154.19 into my scanner right after reading the original post, I've heard nothing on the freq since. I even sat my SDR with DSD running on there for a couple hours and got nothing.

I'd have to agree with the intermod assessment especially if the OP is near downtown where intermod is prevalent.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Yes, it is likely Washington County. Their system booms south often when conditions are ripe, as they have been recently. 29E is the proper NAC for Washington County.

In addition, 154.190 is not a "Mutual Aid" frequency in Illinois. It has been a dispatch freq for an unusually high number of fire departments stemming from way back when freqs were 60 KHz. apart (154.13, 154.19, 154.28...) and retained by many around the state.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Yes, it is likely Washington County. Their system booms south often when conditions are ripe, as they have been recently. 29E is the proper NAC for Washington County.

In addition, 154.190 is not a "Mutual Aid" frequency in Illinois. It has been a dispatch freq for an unusually high number of fire departments stemming from way back when freqs were 60 KHz. apart (154.13, 154.19, 154.28...) and retained by many around the state.

Ok ,well that's what it was referred as in my hometown area by the local departments. Terminology difference, I guess.

n9zas

KC9UNK

Possible

Yeah it could have been washington cause bands have been pretty good over the past couple of weeks or so.It was definitely digital,cause since winnebago county only uses pl codes for the mobiles and dispatch none,i keep that freq completly open so i can hear all traffic but ill still have it do a scan for the mode signal,and thats what it kept picking up,but it was bits and pieces of traffic,nothing long enough to pick up what type of traffic was being passed cause i was only hearing one sides convos like winnebago county (simplex). But yeah thanks for all the feedback guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.