Camden PD New Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherradawn

Camden PD got all new hand-held radios and radios in their vehicles & they are all digital now. I know it's a different frequency (my Camden PD husband told me it was a P.I.T.A. last night because they put the new radio in his cruiser yesterday but he didn't get his new hand-held until today, so he couldn't hear some of the radio traffic on his hand-held when he was outside his cruiser.

Anyone know what the new frequency is? I want to make sure I get it programmed into my scanner.

trumpetman

Database Admin
If they're smart, they'll take all the money they saved by going DMR and using that to provide patching capabilities to all the local agencies they're operate with. You could buy a nice interop-switch, a few radios, and all the fancy cables for about $10,000. Or build it into their consoles so they can do it that way. Oh well, time to break out DMRDecode or DSD.

sherradawn

Here is a spreadsheet of the settings in my scanner (RS PRO-106 using ARC500 software to program).
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgQ-3mDndGJ4dHFYdXNZSERsbGFQalU4M2RCcjA3YWc
I'm not getting Kershaw County Sheriff or Camden PD since they switched to digital a few months ago. :(

Any tips would be helpful. I'm confused with these two different frequency information pages.

Kershaw County, South Carolina (SC) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
Camden Site Details (Palmetto 800)

sherradawn

I'm seriously about to tear some hair out... I upgraded to a premium member here so I could download the trunking information via my ARC500 software. Now it LOOKS like I'm receiving voice transmissions from the sheriff's frequency, but there is no sound.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
You probably need to set the Custom bandplan tables for the Palmetto 800 TSYS object since you are monitoring a rebanded 800MHz Motorola trunked radio system. Your scanner is probably tuning to the incorrect frequency to receive the transmission. There are lots of previous posts about how to do this, some here in the SC forum. It's a much easier procedure since you're using software.

sherradawn

I checked...those tables are already set up. I didn't have to "load" anything. (I just downloaded the Trunking stuff today.)

Last edited:

sherradawn

I've tried using the "stock" info that was downloaded as well as changing the tables...and I'm not getting voice traffic from either setting.

vinzep491

What scanner model are you using? I have had issues with the arc500 software as well, and I know Camden tower changed to an alt CC recently.

sthreatt

I've never programmed a handheld Pro 106 but have programmed several Pro 197 desktop units. Since the firmware upgrades for the 197 also shows as applicable to the 106, I'm assuming they program the same. I am using the ARC500 software, have Camden programmed in, and have no problems. I'm about 5 miles outside town ( or from the tower ) and reception is excellent. Can you download the file from your scanner, open it in the program and look at the specifics on the line for Camden PD ? Do you have Talk Group ID as 64976 , Palmetto 800 Trunk System ?

Status
Not open for further replies.