Omaha feed-Gone due to new RR policies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
There are no new RR policies about streaming so the quick answer to your question is no.

westside22

Interesting. This is what it says on the feed

Douglas County (including Omaha) and Washington County Public Safety

Status: Due to RR's new policies I will no longer provide this feed

SCPD

QRT
I have heard a lot of grumbling in South Carolina.. Subject of Ham Repeater QSOs..Lots of feeds fixing to disappear................

westside22

Me too. I actually preferred the channel setup that ggraves had-but he could never get around the reception issues where he was at.

daveriffel

Premium Subscriber
Feeds Dropping off

I too am Pulling my feed. The Laporte County Public Safety feed has been a main stay in this community for many years. A great deal of my blood ,sweat and tears have gone into providing this service to a very loyal Group of listeners who have given great feed back and moral support of the feed.
I refuse to offer a service for free to someone who is profiting from it. If they decide they want to start paying the feed providers then I might jump on board but as for now October 15th we will be off line.
I applaud Radio Reference for doing what they have to do and most likely making a little money from the deal, a smart business choice on their part, therefore my business decision is to not let someone profit from my free service that I have put a lot of hard work into.

David Riffel
daveriffel@frontier.com

LaPorte County Public Safety Feed
Center Twp Fire Department #216
United States Coast Guard Auxiliary MS-O
IPN IND018
Fire leads Dispatcher

SquierStrat

I applaud your move Avsfan33!! i too will be pulling my dodge county sheriff feed when i can no longer log in to the site using WIN500 and Arc XT. January 15th area i think?? That is the entire reason i even host a feed, and now that they're taking it away, its a no brainer for me. Ill be having to pay $30 a year now, so im gonna get that money back by shutting my computer off now (kinda). Keeping a computer running 24/7 costs far more then the $2.50 a month i was doing it for, and now that i wont even be receiving that, i can not justify the expense. Im not gonna pay $30 for the subscription, then keep paying to keep my computer on 24/7 on top of that..

Last edited:

reconrider8

i dont get why they want let us keep our subscription here thats the part thats going to hurt we do it for each other and for nothing i would still like to have our free sub here for our services to this community but w/e

SCPD

QRT
I think it is horse**** that the feed providers will no longer get a premium subscription to the database in return for providing a feed. They want people to pay almost $10 a month for a premium subscription to their new live feed website. When we provide the feed at no charge to RR we should get something useful in return.

They will give the feed providers a free subscription to their new site. I, like many others, could give two ****s less about a premium subscription to their live audio website. In order for me to provide this feed anymore I want something in return that is useful to me. I rarely listen to other feed or my own feed. I would not use the free premium subscription to the new website that I would receive in return for providing the feed.

If the owner of this website would give me and other feed providers something USEFUL in return the feed might stay. I doubt that will happen.

SquierStrat

I think it is horse**** that the feed providers will no longer get a premium subscription to the database in return for providing a feed. They want people to pay almost $10 a month for a premium subscription to their new live feed website. When we provide the feed at no charge to RR we should get something useful in return.

They will give the feed providers a free subscription to their new site. I, like many others, could give two ****s less about a premium subscription to their live audio website. In order for me to provide this feed anymore I want something in return that is useful to me. I rarely listen to other feed or my own feed. I would not use the free premium subscription to the new website that I would receive in return for providing the feed.

If the owner of this website would give me and other feed providers something USEFUL in return the feed might stay. I doubt that will happen.

Couldnt have said it any better!

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Quit drinking the cool-aid provided by RR ownership

Quit talking when you don't know what you're talking about. There are no new RR policies for streaming.

I don't have the ability / time / whatever to set up my own feed. I will happily use Broadcastify's resources, as long as it doesn't cost me a penny, has benefits for me, and is a good service.

Status
Not open for further replies.