Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

sslater0679

Premium Subscriber
When uploading frequencies from the database using (insert choice software here), would there be a need to do further tweaking to talk groups or frequencies? Or is it just an upload and forget it. The only reasons ask I still think I'm not hearing everything. I'm using a Radio Shack Pro-164, scanning conventional and LTR systems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

captclint

Mentor
When uploading frequencies from the database using (insert choice software here), would there be a need to do further tweaking to talk groups or frequencies? Or is it just an upload and forget it. The only reasons ask I still think I'm not hearing everything. I'm using a Radio Shack Pro-164, scanning conventional and LTR systems.
Conventional, No. Trunking, sometimes, but the LTR systems in your Rogers County, Oklahoma are std. In my experience, they should load correctly. I'm not a RS fan, so I can't say what else you need to check. Are the things conventional, or Trunking? Why do you think you are not hearing everything. Is it frequencies or just conversations you are missing?

sslater0679

Premium Subscriber
Conventional, No. Trunking, sometimes, but the LTR systems in your Rogers County, Oklahoma are std. In my experience, they should load correctly. I'm not a RS fan, so I can't say what else you need to check. Are the things conventional, or Trunking? Why do you think you are not hearing everything. Is it frequencies or just conversations you are missing?

Yea sometimes it doesn't sound like I'm hearing everything, but maybe it's just me. I've checked the upload with what's in the database and all looks good. As far as the conventional system goes, I am getting blanks in the tone columns. Is there something I need to add there or is it supposed to be blank. I have noticed that the only one I can hear is the first Rogers County, the other two that have blank tone spaces I never see pop up on the scanner. Do I need to manually put the tone number in like the first one has or leave it blank, or change it to search.

n5ims

Yea sometimes it doesn't sound like I'm hearing everything, but maybe it's just me. I've checked the upload with what's in the database and all looks good. As far as the conventional system goes, I am getting blanks in the tone columns. Is there something I need to add there or is it supposed to be blank. I have noticed that the only one I can hear is the first Rogers County, the other two that have blank tone spaces I never see pop up on the scanner. Do I need to manually put the tone number in like the first one has or leave it blank, or change it to search.

Blanks in the tone col would indicate that you should hear anything on that frequency. If there's an entry there you'll only hear signals that match that entry. I generally recommend that unless there's a specific reason for putting in the tone that you leave it blank. Valid reasons would include your desire to only hear a specific agency where everyone shares a single frequency, but have their own tone assigned so they only hear their own traffic or being in an area that's between two agencies that are both on the same frequency and use tones to eliminate overlap and you only want to hear one of them (say one's a PD for town A and the other is the water department for town B).

Status
Not open for further replies.