Moncton Public Safety Motorola System - Unid t/g

Status
Not open for further replies.

rc1990

Bonjour,

I just heard comms on t/g 928 of the Moncton Public Safety Motorola System; a t/g that is not in the d/b. Does anyone have any idea as to who is using that t/g?

All I heard was « I'm arround the corner » and a couple minutes later : « We're good, you can go ». In the d/b, there's no t/g in the 900s. The closest is 752 which is Université de Moncton's Security team ch. I will keep an ear open and I'll try to ID this t/g.

Any help would be appreciated.

Will keep you posted!

hfxChris

Database Admin
Does the Moncton trunked system lease capacity to private businesses? The only agencies I see in the database outside of public safety, is Moncton city works and U de M.

hfxChris

Database Admin
Ok. If you have any that are not listed in the database on this website, could you please submit them so that other people can find them?

rc1990

Ok. If you have any that are not listed in the database on this website, could you please submit them so that other people can find them?

Yes, I have submited the t/g. It's in the first post of this thread. It's 928, and I think it's a Shuttle Service for vehicule dealership.

I thought we waren't allowed to submit unidentify t/gs or freqs into the d/b?

rc1990

t/g 702306

Another unid t/g that I just heard is 702306. They were talking about a zamboni. I'm guessing it's an arena maintenance t/g, but which one is anyone's guest!

rc1990

Other active T/Gs on the system are :

Often time, you would seen 2 t/g link together on the scanner display like 700005-702231 or 700005-702305, for example. T/Gs 700005 is always linked with another t/g. I'm guessing it's patch t/gs but my uniden 246T never showed me this t/g format before. Any thoughts?

ve1sef

Other active T/Gs on the system are :

Often time, you would seen 2 t/g link together on the scanner display like 700005-702231 or 700005-702305, for example. T/Gs 700005 is always linked with another t/g. I'm guessing it's patch t/gs but my uniden 246T never showed me this t/g format before. Any thoughts?

I thinking what your picking are called I-call numbers. These are the id number of the actual trunk radio
being used on a given talk group.

Car150

Feed Provider
10-4 Chris...got your note...just actually sitting here programming a radio with the guy who run the RR reference site for Moncton area. I am quite familiar with Moncton's analog Type II system. As far as I know the ID's that are posted on RR are quite accurate. They have been vetted by a few local people who have monitored the system on a regular basis, and actually tested it. Now..some are rarely used...pretty well the two TAC ID's and Dispatch are the only ones worth monitoring. RCMP did not take over the former MPD trunk system, so a number of those ID's became available for commercial users. So the Moncton Fire Dept are the only ones worth monitoring. There are two sites..one downtown and one at Lutes Mountain, that the Fire Dept use when they are responding outside the city limits. I don't know if that answers your question...but drop me a note. Email is doug1075@gmail.com. Will be on here probably for a bit.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I was referring to Car150; you are correct that unidentified talkgroups should not be submitted to entered into the database.

Since some of the general business type talkgroups are hard to identify without chasing service vehicles down, we've always allowed unidentified talkgroups as long as there's some description of the traffic heard.

rc1990

I thinking what your picking are called I-call numbers. These are the id number of the actual trunk radio
being used on a given talk group.

Ooohh. That's what they are!. Thanks. I found it quite strange that the « t/g » was changing everytime someone was taking! I thought of everything except I-call radio IDs.

rc1990

There are two sites..one downtown and one at Lutes Mountain, that the Fire Dept use when they are responding outside the city limits.

Another t/g just monitored is 1808 coming in at 5 bars from the Université de Moncton's campus.

What's the second site of the system. The one in downtown is the Alma St Bell tower. What's the site freqs for the site in Lutes Mntn?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.