Pro 106

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRabbit

Premium Subscriber
hi,i just purchased my first digital scanner.i am trying to get some insight on what is the easiest way to program all the police departments in my area(Charleston SC)?i am going to see about buying the cord to hook the scanner into the computer.i was wondering if you all could help point me in the right direction on which sites to goto to help me.thank you for your help!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Since you posted this in the software forum, I can tell you that most folks use software to program these radios, and there are 3 - ARC500, PSREdit500 and Win500 - that are the most popular. You can find links to these in this wiki article (anything blue is a link)

Object Oriented Scanner Software - The RadioReference Wiki

Now at the risk of going OT for this forum, here are a few other links you will find helpful - first is the Easier to Read guide...

Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

Now if you have questions about the mechanics of how to program the radio

Radio Shack Scanners - The RadioReference.com Forums

and as for SC specific questions...

South Carolina Radio Discussion Forum - The RadioReference.com Forums

HTH...Mike

kc2kth

My opinion...

I've been using Win500 on my PRO-197 (sister model to yours, base instead of hand held) along with my subscription here at RadioReference. Not to make this a commercial, but it can't be much simpler. I fire up Win500, import from the site, select my country/state/county (in my case) and choose what I want to import and where I want to put it. After the first couple of times doing it I can now completely reprogram my scanner in about 15 minutes including three trunked systems and about 400 conventional freqs.

I also have ARC250, which is older than ARC500 and for a different scanner, but between the two I prefer Win500.

BRabbit

Premium Subscriber
thanks i will attempt it when i get home next week.i cant wait to finally get to hear all the police departments around me

skyliner

Premium Subscriber
I also have a Pro 106, and a Pro 197 and use the PSRedit500 program with a RR subscription. Can't speak to the other software because I've never tried them but the PSRedit500 software works well. Like anything, and especially if you're new at it, it takes a while to figure it out but once you get the hang of it and repeat a few times it works like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.