Polk Narrowband

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd8x

Polk Sheriff MOTOTRBO???

For the past 2 days traveling through Polk co. I have heard what I believe to be MOTOTRBO or whatever it is called on the Sherriff vhf frequency and I think I also saw it on Polk FD frequency also...Anybody know if they have switched over to this mode or not???

televiper75

Premium Subscriber
You probably heard us in Tryon - the Town (Police/Fire) is moving to Kenwood Nexedge digital in the next few weeks and there has been a lot of testing in different locations.

ramkatral

If anyone is interested, we began feeding the Polk dispatch channel. Seemed like a good place to mention it.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

televiper75

Premium Subscriber
Tryon PD/FD have moved over to digital (Kenwood NEXEDGE) full time as of today - I'm sure there will still be some bugs that will have to be ironed out, but it is up and running. Also Polk monitors - you will start noticing a new set of tones on brush fire calls, the NC Forestry Svc in Polk have been assigned their own tones that will be activated as mutual aid.

ramkatral

Cool, but sucks. Now my portable won't work on the Tryon fire channel.

Do you know the two tone frequencies for the forest service?

ncdadof3

Premium Subscriber
Pardon my ignorance but what is NEXEDGE? Are we still gonna be able to monitor Tryon fire on scanners?
I have 2 digital scanners that i monitor Viper on am i gonna have to put another frequency in? Any help would be appreciated. By the way if anyone around the Polk area is using the Pro197 or Pro 106 and has a Win 500 file they would like to share that contains Viper. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

ramkatral

Kenwood NEXEDGE radios. They're a line of digital radios. If your scanner is digital, you're fine. If it's analog, not so much. County comms are still analog, but them Tryon boys always gotta be different. ;)

kd8x

So long Polk Co.

I removed Polk County from my scan list as of today....Can't hear them anymore and don't want to hear that digital junk NXTN....

televiper75

Premium Subscriber
Tryon FD for the time being will be dispatched by Tryon & Polk on analog - so everyone will still be able to hear the initial dispatch. Leave Polk in - Polk Sheriff/Fire etc are all still analog.

ncdadof3

Premium Subscriber
Do we know when the frequencies will be known? I am thinking its an 800 systsm or am i wrong? Also any idea if it will be capatable with Viper? I know the county already has their TGs have heard very little on them. I guess it its a waiting game for now. Lastly what digital scanners are the polk listeners using am i looking for some win 500 files fof our area. Thank

trumpetman

Database Admin
It's the same frequencies in use now, so VHF.

Not sure if VIPER patches are in place now, televiper might know more about that.

VIPER is reserved for large events and talking with the SHP (when they answer)

No scanner will decode NEXEDGE, you'll need a discriminator output on your scanner to use DSD and decode it.

Status
Not open for further replies.