• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

KPG 111D Software Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkT

Premium Subscriber
Is there a copy and paste feature in the KPG 111D software? Like for moving channels around. Also is there a print feature?

talexhill

yep, under file select "print".

as for copying, and pasting - just select what you'd like to copy, by highlighting it and hitting control + C on your computer to copy. then delete what you don't want, and move it down.

hope this helps!

RepomanGP

Premium Subscriber
Kirk,

It's very easy to copy and paste a channel (or group of channels) by dragging the curser down the far-left column to highlight the channel(s) you want to move. For example, if you want to move channels 5, 6 and 7 just click on the 5 and drag the curser down to 7 so that all three are highlighted. Then you can right-click (or control-c) and copy those three channels. Once they're copied, you can click on the new channel number where you like to paste/move them.

dapaq2

Has anyone found a way to copy and paste data from one .dat file to another .dat file? Kenwood says this cannot be done and from what I can see they are not lying as I have tried to do it and it wont work. Is there anyway to accomplish this? I want to move a bunch of data from one .dat file to another and dont want to have to type it all out manually to the other .dat file.

Doug

racingfan360

Doug, not as straightforward as you'd hope, but it is possible to export dat files to itm files and use a text editor to add/remove frequencies to combine them with a bit of work. You can then import this file as the new combined file. There doesn't seem to be any way of pasting into the software ;-(

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

No simple way to print. Kenwood dropped the ball on this one. It does not print like vertex software, it takes A LOT of paper to print a radio like a TK-380, LOTS and LOTS if you use lots of channels

KA2FWN

the best way i find to do it is to hit the print screen key then open word and paste it, crop it and drag to the size i want.
i keep a blank word doc on my desk top just for this.

SP4SKN

talkback

Maybe my question is not precise. I ask about the function which in Idas is called talkback - for ex.:a radio set in NXDN mode may respond if the FM modulation signal is received ( I can change time for respond).
I do not know if this feature is in Kenwood ???

Vy 73!
Steve

baycomm

Go to the following
Edit-Optional Features-Common Page 1-Signalling Reset Timer

Setting any time interval other than zero will cause the radio to respond to either an analog or a digital call in the appropriate mode if answered during that time period.

Channel must also be programmed for Mixed Mode.

It works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.