4xz

Status
Not open for further replies.

majoco

Stirrer
Yup, he's still there under the muck, keying away! 0343z - had to squeeze every little bit out of the receiver tho! :)

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
Nice catch!

I managed to log this station on 04/06/12 @ 0230 UTC and yes, using my Perseus I had to really drill down to decipher the call under the noise here on Long Island.

John

N3YQA

This station is active this evening on 14.847MHZ, sending 5 letter groups. Time is 22:45Z, 26 AUG 2014.

N3YQA

4XZ active

This station is active this evening on 14.847MHZ, sending 5 letter groups. Time is 22:45Z, 26 AUG 2014.

This station is active on 13.890MHZ this evening. 01Sept14 23:58Z.

Token

This long running station has activated a few new frequencies in the last month or so, but for the most part is still using long established freqs.

The frequencies that I know have been active this month (and I assume there have been more, this is not a station I actively look for):

4331 kHz
4968 kHz
5562 kHz
6607 kHz
11152 kHz
12985 kHz
13982 kHz
14847 kHz

T!

S

screamin72

I just heard 4XZ (Israeli morse station)calling VVV , Who is VVV? 12983khz.

Why do I suspect they change frequency alot ?

<BT> - VVV DE 4XZ 4XZ <BT>

I am happy to be able to hear it on my make shift antenna made out of a firestik and 5ft 5 inch wire.

Last edited:

zz0468

QRT
Banned
V V V is a standard Morse code test sequence. 4XZ was not calling anyone. That's frequently done to hold the frequency.

Token

I just heard 4XZ (Israeli morse station)calling VVV , Who is VVV? 12983khz.

Why do I suspect they change frequency alot ?

Actually this station often uses the same frequency for months, or even years. I have logs of 4XZ being on 12983 kHz going back to at least 1999. If you look 2 posts above yours in this thread you will see a list of recently active freqs, and a statement about it still using long established frequencies.

T!

S

screamin72

Actually this station often uses the same frequency for months, or even years. I have logs of 4XZ being on 12983 kHz going back to at least 1999. If you look 2 posts above yours in this thread you will see a list of recently active freqs, and a statement about it still using long established frequencies.

T!

thanks for letting me know this. I guess Ill add them to the database in HDSDR and check on them when I feel like it.

majoco

Stirrer
4XZ booming in this morning 2030z/0840 local on 12983kHz sending about 20 5 letter code groups - repeated 4 times while I was listening - the groups were repeated after send "BT" twice. Went back to the usual "VVV"s then went off the air at 2045ish.

The original post mentions "Fascinating Shortwaves" which has now gone, but there's lots of MilCom stuff here...

http://mt-milcom.blogspot.co.nz/

and the link to the SDR at Utwente University in the Netherlands....

http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/

...which you can play with!

Last edited:

Token

Presumably that would be the time that the post was made...

It depends on how you access the forums, ie, smart phone, computer, which specific software, etc. Some interfaces only show the date, others show the time if the post was made the current day but only the date with no time on past dates (the popular Android Tapatalk is an example of this later), so that tomorrow there will be no indication of the time the station was heard, only the date will be visible. And of course, some show date and time for every post.

On most forums it is pretty standard to include the time when reporting a reception, and generally in UTC, not local time. Time, date, and frequency are always a good idea, it particularly helps people finding things with historical searches in the future.

T!

Status
Not open for further replies.