N1 and O1 Police Channels patched

Status
Not open for further replies.

vk3fffm

I am very concerned that since police handed over Radio Operations to ESTA in Ballarat, more often than not, they have been patching the Bendigo O1 and O2 channells together with the Mildura N1 and N2 channels. This has caused complete radio congestion on the network and made it extremely dangerous as members can not get there messages through. This has concerned me so much that I have written to members of parliment urging them not only to re enstate the Local D24's, but to also UN PATCH the Bendigo and Mildura channels. I am pleased to say that in the past few weeks, ESTA has finally decided to Un Patch the channels for the majority of the the time, thus easing the constant radio congestion that was putting lifes at risk.

At the end of the day, LOCAL POLICE SHOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR POLICE COMS (D24) and not private citizens. Furthermore, for public safety I urge ESTA to KEEP THE BENDIGO AND MILDURA CHANNELS UN PATCHED.

vk3fffm

UPDATE - Regional Victoria Police Channels

After constant radio congestion the Mildura N1 and N2 channels and Bendigo O1 channel are now running with seperate operators for most of the time. Since the Police Radio boundaries changed, Bendigo has lost the O2 channel and now just runs O1. Please Note that Charlton and Wychiproof are NOT in the O1 police area as stated in the loddon mallee feed notes and Shepparton is NOT in the O2 area, Shepparton now comes under P2 (VKC Wangarratta) and the other towns mentioned come under N2, Mildura's police radio area.

The Five Victorian police radio divisions controlled by ESTA are Channels L1, L2 covering South Western Victoria (Warnambool, Portland etc), M1 and M2 covering Western Victoria (Ballarat, Horsham etc). N1 and N2 which covers North Western Victoria (Mildura, Swan Hill and down to Charlton), O1 which covers Central Victroria ( Bendigo, Echuca, Maryborough, Kyneton and as far south as Gisborne). Q1 and Q2 which covers South Eastern Victoria (Morewell, Moe etc). The final police radio area is P1 and P2 which covers North Eastern Victoria (Wangaratta, Shepparton, Kilmore etc) PLEASE NOT THAT P1 and P2 is the LAST of the Victorian Police D24 department that controlls police comms D24 (VKC Wangarratta) is due to be transferred to the ESTA Ballarat centre in mid 2013

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Attn: OP

This is the second, same subject, post that I have moved. Please stop attempting to post this local area information in the Community Announcements forum, thank you.

rustynswrail

After constant radio congestion the Mildura N1 and N2 channels and Bendigo O1 channel are now running with seperate operators for most of the time. Since the Police Radio boundaries changed, Bendigo has lost the O2 channel and now just runs O1. Please Note that Charlton and Wychiproof are NOT in the O1 police area as stated in the loddon mallee feed notes and Shepparton is NOT in the O2 area, Shepparton now comes under P2 (VKC Wangarratta) and the other towns mentioned come under N2, Mildura's police radio area.

The Five Victorian police radio divisions controlled by ESTA are Channels L1, L2 covering South Western Victoria (Warnambool, Portland etc), M1 and M2 covering Western Victoria (Ballarat, Horsham etc). N1 and N2 which covers North Western Victoria (Mildura, Swan Hill and down to Charlton), O1 which covers Central Victroria ( Bendigo, Echuca, Maryborough, Kyneton and as far south as Gisborne). Q1 and Q2 which covers South Eastern Victoria (Morewell, Moe etc). The final police radio area is P1 and P2 which covers North Eastern Victoria (Wangaratta, Shepparton, Kilmore etc) PLEASE NOT THAT P1 and P2 is the LAST of the Victorian Police D24 department that controlls police comms D24 (VKC Wangarratta) is due to be transferred to the ESTA Ballarat centre in mid 2013

Better still, rather than post this on a site 12,000 kilometres away, where most Americans would not know a Wangaratta from a Wombat, look for and post on a local site. Afterall there is enough of them about. Then maybe more Victorians would read and act on the information you have provided. There's a thought.

R (Australia)

PS: For example AussieScanners.com • Index page OR Melbourne Metro Scan - Melbourne Metro Scan OR Victoria Police METRO

radioaustralia

VIC Database Admin
Database Admin
This has caused complete radio congestion on the network and made it extremely dangerous as members can not get there messages through.

N1 & N2 (Mildura) have indeed been unpatched from the O1 (Bendigo) channel, that said, I have noticed that recently they have been patching N1 & N2 (Mildura) with L1 & L2 (Warrnambool).

L1 & L2 (Warrnambool) has considerably lower radio traffic than the rest of the police channels, so this move isn't exactly a bad idea. While it may save the tax payer from employing an extra operative to monitor a low traffic channel, it does however mix things up a bit for police on L1 & L2 (Warrnambool) as they would not be used to the extra increase in radio traffic resulting in them having to glue their ear to the speaker.

This has concerned me so much that I have written to members of parliment urging them not only to re enstate the Local D24's

A move that in all likelihood, will not gain much support, if any.

The ESTA facility is a big step forward for emergency communications, however, I do question what backup procedures they have in place if something were to happen at the facility given that it houses almost all RURAL police communications.

i.e. if in some extreme circumstances there was a bush fire and the facility got burnt to a crisp, where / who / what communications facilities do they have readily available to transfer all operations to?

Back when there were D24 centres, if one centre goes down worst case scenario you lose call taking and radio traffic for one / two channels (eg, O1 & O2) and would transfer these duties back to Bendigo 900 until rectified. But when something happens to this facility, you will not lose one or two channels, but all of them.

Please Note that Charlton and Wychiproof are NOT in the O1 police area as stated in the loddon mallee feed notes and Shepparton is NOT in the O2 area

If you wish to help the community here at RadioReference.com out, you can always contact the feed broadcaster / owner and submit your updated information.

Cheers,
RA

vk3hau

Feed Provider
i.e. if in some extreme circumstances there was a bush fire and the facility got burnt to a crisp, where / who / what communications facilities do they have readily available to transfer all operations to?

I remember back 6 months ago ESTA lost Comms with the Ambo's in Gippsland, All the Ambo's could hear each other and could hear ESTA but ESTA could not hear them , this happen for about 3 hrs and in the end ESTA called the jobs out via Mobile Phones...

as far as I know the fault was never found!.

smipe2001

Vkc wangaratta no more

Sad news today as the last d24 centre d24 wangaratta closes its doors and moves to esta ballarat. Also q1 and q2 are now patched. This is un acceptable. The whole idea of moving all police coms to ballarat was to free up telstra operators so there would be no more 000 calls on hold. So good on you premier. You solve one prob and create another. Now esta stuff will be overwhelmed by 000 calls. Also esta controls ambo coms over smr. I hate this change and im sure many other do as well if i knew who to write to to complain i would. Plus ballarat dont know the area or what units to send to where also coms have been extremely poor.

vk3fffm

Patching Can not continue

With O1 (Bendigo) now being stand alone for most of the time, It seems N1 & N2 (Mildura) are the second cousins now. They are patched with L1 & L2 (Warnanbool) for most of the time, but get SHUNTED off to O1 (Bendigo) when Warnambool traffic is to congested, and if Bendigo traffic is to congested, they get shunted of to M1 & M2 (Ballarat).

The fundamentals have been lost. You can not look at Police Emergency Radio Communications in Economic Terms. Yes, L1 & L2 are low traffic channels, but the point here is that emergencies are unpredictable, and instant radio comms is essential. D24 worked all this out years ago when organising the Regional Radio Districts per size, population and serving officers. They came up with the 6 radio divisions.

In Economic terms, quiet radio time just looks like a waste of money, an operater sitting doing nothing, but that's the price you pay for having a fool proof system, and having a better than 95% chance of getting instant radio comms without the problem of congestion. CAN YOU PUT A PRICE ON OUR SAFETY!

smipe2001

i think its disgusting i hate ESTA Ballarat. good old vkc wangaratta traffic is so congested now its a joke. units cutting on top of each other there is just no room for anyone to communicate anymore whats worse is stupid esta dont even know are's anymore instead of vkc to such and 303 it esta to any unit who can help us with an eratic driver. so bad they dont know what units to send where. hey if im in a big organised crime ganf lets just blow the sjot out of mt helen and then we can do what ever we like cause there no more coms anywhere ecept for melb d24 ideiots honestly.

smipe2001

Come on hounlsesly

better still, rather than post this on a site 12,000 kilometres away, where most americans would not know a wangaratta from a wombat, look for and post on a local site. Afterall there is enough of them about. Then maybe more victorians would read and act on the information you have provided. There's a thought.

R (australia)

ps: For example aussiescanners.com • index page or melbourne metro scan - melbourne metro scan or victoria police metro

dude this is the world wide web there are a lot of aussie on this site!!

This is inpotent event for victorain scanner and radio user its not fare for you to day that crap here!

Status
Not open for further replies.