• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola MaxTrac users guide for ham operators

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramakc

Premium Subscriber
Good evening: Several amateur operators in the Kansas City area are working on a users guide for the MaxTrac 300, 16 and 24 channel transceiver. We are in the final stages of putting this guide together. There will be pictures and detailed information available in a few days. There will be a link on Larrylist.info that takes the reader to a pdf file that can be printed.

Please check LARRY'S LIST - Events Online in a few days. In order to get this information, you may have to subscribe to Larrylist, there is no charge. Please note that we are amateur radio operators, not professional technical writers or professional journalists.

We hope the Users Guide will be published within a week of 3 OCT 2012, and will be a useful guide to amateur operators. Please do NOT send me an email asking questions as that will just slow the process of finishing the User Guide.

Ross Taggart, WØRCT

ramakc

Premium Subscriber
I had not seen it, thank you. I think we will put it out anyway. The format is different and may be useful, who knows. Thanks for directing me here. WØRCT

ramakc

Premium Subscriber
The authors and editors of our document have done a quick review of all the documents on the link you were kind enough to send me. We do no find anything on any link to be as simplified as ours. Our document is intended to be a layman's approach, a Technician's Class, entry level document to help operators who are confused by the more technical documents. I for one am in that class. I think we will proceed with the full knowledge that there are many other links available to readers. If our simplified version can help even one ham operator, then the efforts have been worth while. As always, it is up to the reader to select the document that will best help him or her to operate their transceiver.

Thank you for your comments. WØRCT

ramakc

Premium Subscriber
A Users Guide for Amateur Radio Operators & Dyslexic Amateur Radio Operators for the MaxTrac 300 has been finished. It now goes to Larryslist.info for first publication (you have to be an email member - free) and then it MAY come out here. We will be looking for CONSTRUCTIVE comments and suggestions to help improve this document for the hundreds of new users of the radio. Additionally there will be a link to a printable PDF and a link to a site with the display LEDs blinking the same way the operator will see on the front of the transceiver. WØRCT

Last edited:

ramakc

Premium Subscriber
The comments we get from the thousands of operator in the mid-west will determine whether it sinks or swims. <A Users Guide for Amateur Radio Operators & Dyslexic Amateur Radio Operators © October 2, 2012.> Our hope is that it will fly successfully and be a useful tool for. MaxTrac 300 users. Our thanks to all those who have offered good input to get us this far. If we receive positive feed back, then it will show up here, in about a week. WØRCT

shockhazard69

Feed Provider
Maybe I am missing something here, but using a Maxtrac isn't exactly rocket science. Power/Volume, Channel Up/Down, Scan (mic has to be on grounded clip), etc. Programming it on the other hand can get quite a bit more technical, such as 16 channel to 32 channel conversion.

mgolden2

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; ZTE-Z990 Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Seems easy enough to me

mgolden2

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; ZTE-Z990 Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

May I ask where it is at on the Larrys List website? I cannot find it. Thanks

ramakc

Premium Subscriber
Larry’s List is a web site and an email subscription (FREE) full of amateur radio interests for amateur radio operators. "Larry's List has more than 1170 subscribers!" LarrysList Info Page and a web site: LARRY'S LIST - Events Online

The founder is WØAIB, an active operator since 1960 and a very good friend of mine since 1965.WØRCT

A Users Guide for Amateur Radio Operators & Dyslexic Amateur Radio Operators © October 2, 2012 (updated 9 OCT 2012). will come out on Larry's list in the next day or so. Six operators have been part of the effort; KDØKKV, WAØCBW, KXØB, K6TJB, WØRCT and published by WØAIB

Last edited:

ramakc

Premium Subscriber
<Maxtrac 300: A Users Guide for Amateur Radio Operators & Dyslexic Amateur Radio Operators ©> was published on the evening of 10 OCT 2012. The document was published through [Larryslist] email distribution to nearly 1200 local subscribers.

The local area is a test market to determine interest, find errors and offer comments, and what ever the reader / operator wishes to share with other [Larryslist] subscribers. Assuming that this week's process goes smoothly, the document's information will be published here in one week.

KDØKKV, WØRCT and WØAIB

Last edited:

mgolden2

Looks good

mm

I can't get on that list with this crap PC of mine but I just wanted to say don't forget to put the 220 Maxtrac/Radius conversion information on it either.

The link is something like 'FLUX research' and they have mod info for 220 MHz ham conversions.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.