K-9 Trooper with 6 digit license plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiodude817

Premium Subscriber
Yesterday, I was traveling on RT 81 about 5 - 10 miles north of RT 90 when I was passed by a NYS Trooper. It was a typical blue SUV style vehicle with the NYSP seal on the door and the K-9
decal on the lefthand tailgate. The plate was 113538 has anyone else seen this?

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
11 Means the year of vehicle...3538 just a standard number issued,whats on there credit card,service records...etc....most likely a trainer/training vehicle

jmv3085

Premium Subscriber
Sure it wasn't NYS corrections? They have k-9 units and there seal is similar to NYSP and the use the regular state plates with year and state number

Last edited:

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
I have also seen one of these vehicles in the Albany area. The paint style was the same as NYSP, but the seal on the door was not quite the same; it was considerably smaller than the typical NYSP seal. Unfortunately, I could not get a good look at the seal itself, but it did have the 'typical' New York State plate and not a Troop plate.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Those are corrections vans. As MTNRider said, the first two digits are the year of the vehicle. NYSP usually has their troop incorporated in the plate number

lafd55

Might be NYS Corrections. Similar blue vehicle and markings, except for the Corrections Seal and a CODE3 lightbar instead of a FS Vista or Whelen Freedom. Have seen at a local emergency vehicle outfitter for repairs.

radionerd13669

Useless Contributor
NYS Dept of Corrections do have SUVs that look similar to NYSP markings the difference being the door seal and its doesn't say trooper. The Corrections K9 officers drive this vehicle

robbie2745

I had one of those vans pass me on I-81 Southbound between Watertown and Syracuse returning from vacation to Canada in July. It had the 'NYS Correctional Services' seal on the door. Yes, very similar to NYSP seal and smaller. It also had the 6 digit license plate on the back when it went by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.