Madison County

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradyusi

Hey there... so I'm relatively new at this but have successfully programmed my scanner (996xt) to receive SAFE-T and MECA. I want to see if you believe I could receive Madison County's system from the NW side of Indy, around 71st and 465. I can pick up SAFE-T towers from Shelby County at my place, so I'm figuring Madison shouldn't be that hard of a reach.

Is anyone able to give me some pointers?

W9NES

I live in the area of 79Th and Michigan Road and cannot hear anything on safe-t out of Madison County.I cannot get a control channel either.

SCANMUNCIE

I live in Delaware County, the next border county over from Madison County, and I have a hard time picking them up on the majority of the days (both the Madison County safe-t tower, and the Madison County local system the Sheriff Department and many small towns use).,

I'm not sure if its there power output or if its just the tower height.

bradyusi

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it.

I can't even hear the Hortonville SAFE-T tower, but I can hear the Shelby County Simulcast system.
My tower is approx 20' on top of a roof at 71st & 465, so I believe I'm within the footprint of the Hortonville tower.

I also posted something of a similar vain in the SAFE-T thread regading the Hancock County and Mooresville towers. I can't pick them up either.

W9NES, can you pick up Hancock or Mooresville on your system?

W9NES

No I cannot get the Hancock, Mooresville or Hortoville Towers for safe-t and my antenna is at 40 feet above the roof line.I used to get the Hendricks County Simucast tower and got Morgan County talkgroups.Now since they have rebanded and the correct rebanded freqs are in the scanner I cannot even get a control channel. Looks like they have lowered the output of the transmitter

bradyusi

Okay. Sounds good.

Just in case you were wondering, From my position at 71st & 465 I can receive both Marion County towers, Shelby, Boone and Hendricks Simulcast Systems.

Trying to extend my reach to the south and east a bit. Was hoping to get the Greenwood tower seeing it's so close to the Marion, Johnson county line but I can't seem to pull it in.

Surprisingly enough, I get Franklin and Greenwood's system off the ISP Post Tower.

Last edited:

bamx2

The biggest things you'll miss out on would be the prisons, and delaware county. Otherwise theres no remarkable traffic on the Pendleton or Anderson tower, that wouldn't come across Hortonville as well. ISP is the only agency in Madison county that uses the system.

bradyusi

The biggest things you'll miss out on would be the prisons, and delaware county. Otherwise theres no remarkable traffic on the Pendleton or Anderson tower, that wouldn't come across Hortonville as well. ISP is the only agency in Madison county that uses the system.

I was really looking to get Anderson & Madison County Law and Fire using their County system. I've since learned that I can't get that system from my location on the NW side of Indianapolis.

Heck, I can't even get Hortonville from where I am. :(

W2IBC

I was really looking to get Anderson & Madison County Law and Fire using their County system. I've since learned that I can't get that system from my location on the NW side of Indianapolis.

Heck, I can't even get Hortonville from where I am. :(

you wont catch much of anything Anderson on the 800 system. they use the old 450 band. APD/AFD uses the tower on the west side 8th m rable. 450 band

MCSD uses the 800. 2 towers i think one in south madison and the other in central madison.

n9rdc

We use the safe-t system quite often for EMA, just an FYI.

W9NES

Madison County EMA also uses the VHF and UHF frequencies that assigned to them.These frequencies are in the RR database under Madison County. I hear 453.450 all the time from the Northwest Side of Metro Indianapolis/Marion County.Madison County EMA is very active providing traffic control at accidents.

bamx2

Aside from the 146.820 machine, I don't believe they use VHF anymore. Nintey-five percent of their traffic is on UHF. I haven't listened for a whole, but they were repeating UHF OPS traffic onto SAFE-T. Very little actual traffic original to safe-t.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

n9rdc

Aside from the 146.820 machine, I don't believe they use VHF anymore. Nintey-five percent of their traffic is on UHF. I haven't listened for a whole, but they were repeating UHF OPS traffic onto SAFE-T. Very little actual traffic original to safe-t.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

You hit it right on. We don't even issue out VHF equipment any more. Those of us that are hams use the repeater club repeater if needed for storm spotting. And yes our OPS1 is linked to the 48 OPS 1 TG. I will say myself and the other PIO use it sometimes on the other ops channels or 48 EMA.

W9NES

Correction, The frequencies for Madison County EMA for both VHF and UHF are listed in the database here on RR.Com. Madison County is very active not only on the 146.820 which I hear from Northwest Indianapolis/Marion County. 155.025 is also heard for Madison County when a test is given by State EMA during the week for all counties to check into along with 800Mhz for SEMA. Granted that all frequencies are CORRECT in the database for Madison County per the FCC License search for Madison County EMA. If you are in the Madison County area it would be a great idea to program in all the frequencies that are assigned to Madison County EMA including the 146.820 repeater for 2 meters. This way if any of the frequencies have radio traffic on them you will hear them.

W2IBC

Madison County is very active not only on the 146.820

I wouldnt count a voice id with the time every hour very active. like the majority of the ham repeaters in Anderson they are dead 99.9% of the time. only time 82 is really active is during the skywarn stuff.

W9NES

I hear more radio traffic on 453.450 than I do on the 146.820.Madison County EMA is allways on doing traffic control at accidents on I-69 and all over Madison County.Do they do anythng elese besides traffic control?

W2IBC

I hear more radio traffic on 453.450 than I do on the 146.820.Madison County EMA is allways on doing traffic control at accidents on I-69 and all over Madison County.Do they do anythng elese besides traffic control?

mostly traffic. occasionally other things but the main things you will hear EMA do is traffic and storm spotting.

Status
Not open for further replies.