IL Conservation Freq ( IDNR )

Status
Not open for further replies.

llwade

Premium Subscriber
want to listen to Conservation Police, near Chillicothe, IL. ( Peoria,Woodford, Marshall counties ). Are they on conventional or StarCom 21. Any help finding frequencies they are using would be appreciated

llwade

Premium Subscriber
listening for ILL - IDNR

If I understand you correctly, you are saying radio reference posted information is incorrect. IDNR does not use conventional any more but is using the same channels as the State Police ( starcom 21 P-25 )

OK, I have all of the ISP Dist 8 / Metemora frequencies entered into my BCD996xt and they are chattering up a storm. Problem is, I have not heard one transmission from IDNR. Original question, what frequencies should I be listening to, if I want to listen to IDNR for Peoria, Woodford, and Marshall counties. what control channels & towers are you hearing them talk on.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
If you're hearing ISP dist 8 then you should be hearing IDNR when they are out. Keep in mind that IDNR officers are "Frank" designators.
Ex; 8-Frank-34
I listen to site 029 in Normal. (Watterson tower)

n9zas

Last edited:

MikeyC

They will also chit-chat with one another and run ops on the appropriate DNR "District" and "Detail" talkgroups.

nick223

Feed Provider
yeah... they use the same channels as the state police like someone else said they are Frank units 1-Frank 26 and so on.

PeoriaOEM

Feed Provider
OK, I have all of the ISP Dist 8 / Metemora frequencies entered into my BCD996xt and they are chattering up a storm. Problem is, I have not heard one transmission from IDNR. Original question, what frequencies should I be listening to, if I want to listen to IDNR for Peoria, Woodford, and Marshall counties. what control channels & towers are you hearing them talk on.

You just aren't listening at the right time. They normally do not have much traffic. You apparently weren't listening on Saturday morning then. There was a major incident in rural NW Peoria county involving one of their officers who came across a mobile meth lab, and a foot pursuit/manhunt took place. That was interesting.

MikeyC

Also keep an ear out on the local law enforcement frequencies in the areas DNR is working. I've heard District 6 DNR units come up on local sheriff and PD frequencies numerous times over the years (and likewise, Utica FD just bought a couple StarCom radios on a grant so they could talk directly to the DNR on StarCom when working calls at Starved Rock)

scraech

IDNR - Region 1 Talkgroups

DEC HEX Mode Alpha Tag Description Tag
1276 4fc D IDNR1 Dist 1 District 1 Law Tac
1277 4fd D IDNR1 Dist 5 District 5 Law Tac
1278 4fe D IDNR1 Dist 6 District 6 Law Tac
1279 4ff D IDNR1 Dist 7 District 7 Law Tac
1280 500 D IDNR1 Det A Detail A Law Tac

they are on the starcom21 system in your area.
Peoria County - Simulcast Peoria
851.92500 852.45000c 852.97500a 853.86250a 856.36250 859.21250

Hope this helps

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Really neat clip, I hear them on Starcom here in Will and Grundy Co....TY

Status
Not open for further replies.