South Plainfield Fire Department

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
I heard the fire trucks taking off. Heard the UHF or VHF fire call through the talk-group on the Middlesex County Talk-Group's South Plainfield, but nothing more from dispatch. I used to hear them all the time. Can someone cross-check this?

GM

Premium Subscriber
Post Hurricane Sandy, South Plainfield Fire Dept. has switched back to their former UHF frequency for operations I've observed due to problems with coverage issues on the County TRS. When paged out, you will hear the page on everything: VHF-Low, UHF, and 800 MHz (and I think the EMS VHF-Hi freq. sometimes). I would plug in 500.86250 DCD 565 freq. and monitor that on a regular basis. Their is also a Fire Ch. 2 in simplex mode, but I'm not sure what it is.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
I havent been monitoring SPFD. Have they switched back to the county band or they still on their VHF/UHF convential bands?

rr60

Premium Subscriber
The on again (Middlesex) off again (500.8625 Fire) back and forth switching MAYBE done for good.

As of Monday March 4th at 08:00 South Plainfield Fire will return to it's local repeater for both
dispatch and operations.

The stituation is very very complicated as to why it has been on and off again.

Let's just leave it as that there has never been a problem with the 500.8625 repeater system.

Last edited by a moderator:

KC2ZHY

Feed Provider
The on again (Middlesex) off again (500.8625 Fire) back and forth switching MAYBE done for good.

As of Monday March 4th at 08:00 South Plainfield Fire will return to it's local repeater for both
dispatch and operations.

The stituation is very very complicated as to why it has been on and off again.

Let's just leave it as that there has never been a problem with the 500.8625 repeater system.

I was talking to one of the SP guys a couple weeks ago who told me this would be happening. They cannot stand the Middlesex County system, stating they have coverage gaps everywhere in analog and digital mode. Not surprised by this move back in the slightest.

GM

Premium Subscriber
Looks like I better find out what Ch. 16 on the TRS radios are before it's gone for good... (suspected to be a simplex frequency in the I Tac range).

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
Talkgroup ID 14-026. Which is Fire Opps 2 was operating today. Not sure if it was the FD cause there was about 15 seconds total in chatter. Is worth monitoring as I am now.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
First Dispatch 1 had a weird fire tone code call. Haven't heard that in awhile. Was wondering if the radio techs are testing out the talkgroup.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Talkgroup ID 14-026. Which is Fire Opps 2 was operating today. Not sure if it was the FD cause there was about 15 seconds total in chatter. Is worth monitoring as I am now.

Which system do they use most often I also here them on there UHF Repeater ?

Thanks

Last edited:

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
Which system do they use most often I also here them on there UHF Repeater ?

Thanks

Well that is just the thing they are on their older 500 MHz UHF frequency for both dispatch and fireground operations. Just recently have I heard chatter on ops2 channel and fire dispatch one had some weird fire tone code call.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Changes

For those that enjoy listening to the diversity of calls and professionalism of this Volunteer Fire Company keep an ear out for changes in the radio system in the future.

Perhaps you may want to program if not already, the 453.xxx and 460.xxx repeaters analog.

Perhaps you may want to program in P25 for the 500, 453, 460 repeaters.

johnls7424 hope you saw this

Last edited by a moderator:

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
For those that enjoy listening to the diversity of calls and professionalism of this Volunteer Fire Company keep an ear out for changes in the radio system in the future.

Perhaps you may want to program if not already, the 453.xxx and 460.xxx repeaters analog.

Perhaps you may want to program in P25 for the 500, 453, 460 repeaters.

johnls7424 hope you saw this

PM me in regards to this. I too got wind of some information in regards to this particular manner as well!!

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
Today South Plainfield Fire Department has reverted back to the EDACS Analog Channel on SP FD 1 for their dispatch. Confirmed at 14:59 hrs ( November 20)

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Temporary

Just a temporary move.

Status
Not open for further replies.