OKWIN OHP Now Digital in Oklahoma City

Status
Not open for further replies.

B2man

I believe Oklahoma Highway Patrol Troop A went Digital the last day or so... I have GRECOM PSR600 and can no longer hear dispatch. Some mobiles still are heard on TG 41680 (AM-1) and 41776 (AR-1). My scanner stops on the TG but no audio is heard when dispatch answers. I tried assigning 41776 to OKWIN APCO-25 but still have nothing. Obviously this will affect multiple agencies utilizing this system. If anyone can point me in the right direction getting the new OHP Troop A Digital signal heard I'd appreciate it.

ecollins11

Premium Subscriber
I hear AR1 an AM1 here in Ada all the time an they are analog an the only digital I hear is Chickasaw Lighthorse on 17200 an Cedar County FD 17808 an lexington PD 17680 an lexington FD 17744 an OKagDept 22480 an Dps radio tech 22512 and thats all I heard on digital.

fast2okc

Database Admin
Site 8 (Oklahoma City) is now rebanded. The frequencies have changed, and some scanners cannot track rebanded sites. The talkgroups are still the same.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed my scanner stopping on Del City a few times but no audio so I guess that's why. I have a pro 107 which is rebandable. If I switch it over, what will that do to sites that are not rebanded? I'm guessing what's happening with Del City right now. I don't know how many sites have been changed but since I live in the OKC area but I do travel around occasionally, would this be a good time to change my radio?

B2man

fast2OKC - you hit the nail on the head... rebanding took place for troop A. I had to load custom tables in my ARC500 SW. Once I did this I received everything correctly. I also added TG 22512 Radio Tech's Digital, and heard them all day Friday talking about the rebanding and making adjustments. Thanks for the responses, and I appreciate everyone's thoughts and comments.

Drkatzjr45

Emeritus Member
Premium Subscriber
What about 42128 Turner Turnpike? I-44 TUL-OKC

And...if...or rather, when, these do go digital, I assume they will keep their current TGID,
or will it change?

B2man

Since I rebanded I'm receiving TG 42128 (Turnpike)
perfectly as well as Troop A. I can now hear MWC, Del City, Edmond, Moore, Norman, as well. Before I loaded the new table I'd get pieces of the conversation and my receiver would lock on the talk group but I heard no audio. I assumed it was because they went digital, but it was a rebanding issue.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Downloading OKWIN

I believe Oklahoma Highway Patrol Troop A went Digital the last day or so... I have GRECOM PSR600 and can no longer hear dispatch. Some mobiles still are heard on TG 41680 (AM-1) and 41776 (AR-1). My scanner stops on the TG but no audio is heard when dispatch answers. I tried assigning 41776 to OKWIN APCO-25 but still have nothing. Obviously this will affect multiple agencies utilizing this system. If anyone can point me in the right direction getting the new OHP Troop A Digital signal heard I'd appreciate it.

I used to travel up IH35 from Texas after programming the OKWIN system. When I spent the night near Tulsa, I wondered why I was not hearing anything. So, I started playing around with the settings. Then, I noticed what had happened. For some unknown reason, the system was set as "splintered." I don't know if this occurred during a download or not. When I downloaded the system for a test run today, it downloaded as "custom."

Previously, all of the radio traffic for Norman and along IH35 south of OKC were silent. After I selected "default" I heard radio traffic again.

papadoc

Premium Subscriber
I guess this doesn't effect my BCD396XT, because I'm still hearing everything just fine. Does all this just pertain to other scanners?

ZGX

I'm still getting Troop A on the scanner in my patrol car and it is not a digital scanner. That said, I'll be glad when all this updating is done so we can move beyond the system shut downs and "Site Trunking" which are rendering us without radio communications for periods of time.

woodyrr

Just make sure your scanner has been rebanded. I was getting Troop A on mine as well, but I discovered I wasn't getting all of the transmissions until I reconfigured the scanner so it "knew" the new rebanded frequency assignments it was getting from the control channel. I was missing out on a lot.

B2man

At the start of this thread, I ASSUMED they went digital... I later acknowledged site 008 (OKC) affecting Troop A was rebanded. Analog scanners work fine, as long as they're re-bandable... I too was only receiving random audio for the talkgroups until I loaded the custom tables. Yesterday, I noted more OKC area sites were also rebanded so I applied my other talkgroups to the new rebanded set-up as well... this morning, OHP was very active and I was hearing Lawton, Turnpike, AR-1, AM-1, Capital R units as well. I use ARC500 for my PSR-600. I use the PSR-600 instead of the Uniden because I can monitor Trunking and lo-band conventional simultaneously as scannable objects on the same scan list without changing modes. This is very useful during aircraft / trooper speed monitoring exercises and when traveling into more remote regions of the state.

n5bew1

I have not seen any comments about the Uniden 796d. I had downloaded the rebanding upgrade some time ago and on OKC's site I am hearing a lot of traffic and the new freqs are showing up. I don't know if anything else needs to be done on this one or not but it seems to be working.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
I have not seen any comments about the Uniden 796d. I had downloaded the rebanding upgrade some time ago and on OKC's site I am hearing a lot of traffic and the new freqs are showing up. I don't know if anything else needs to be done on this one or not but it seems to be working.

Yup, the 796 is updateable but not the 780. Dunno about the 785. Likewise, I believe the 296 can be updated, but not the 250.

Status
Not open for further replies.