having issues programing rs pro 106

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrshaw_3

having some issues programing my radio shack pro 106. I am trying to program in a Motorola Type II SmartZone system. When i get to the part where i have to enter the freq's... when i type them in.. they automaticly round up.. for example.. im trying to enter 141.495 and it stores as 142.500... and 141.195 goes to 141.200. After everything is loaded it wont pick up anything... starting to get anoyed with this scanner.... please help me.....:-(

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Win500 Recommended

I managed to get conv freq's programed. Still cant program Motorola type 2 trunked system. The system contains analog and digital (apco 25) voice.

This is the system im trying to program....

Bell FleetNet - Ontario Provincial Government Zone 2 Trunking System, Southeast Zone, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

I don't know whether you are using programming software with your radio; however, I strongly recommend Win500 for this task. As you can see in the following link, Win500 is eye-friendly because all of the fields are on one screen.

In other words, you can see the TSYS (Trunking System) & associated Talk Groups (channels) in one visual field.

For the larger radio system that encompass a wide expanse of radio sites/towers, you have to figure out which ones will affect your area of monitoring. In Motorola systems with all, none or mixed P25 digital, you can load only the control channels to increase efficiency. However, remember, when these trunking systems are loaded with the control frequencies, they cannot exceed 32 frequencies.

Here is a great example of Win500:

WIN500 - UtahRadio

When I reviewed the system you included in your post, I saw a mixture of analog, digital & encrypted talk groups as indicated by (A, D, or E).

If you want to locate whether your location intersects with the tower sites, you can go to the top line on the system in question. To the right, upper section, you will see something that says "RR locations." These should show up on a map which you can increase or decrease in size.

Of course, I realize that this information is likely foreign to you and takes some time to digest. Hence, this is one of the main reasons to use forums, obtaining assistance.

Welcome to RR.

andrshaw_3

i got it up and running using the third responce and the link included. I am now picking up ALL of the fleetnet! Still looking into getting the programing cable as i still have to load all my conv channels back...

I would also like to thank everyone for there help! You guys are awesome!!!

rgv1971

I have been trying to program the Pro-106 with really no luck. I live near Godley and have the Johnson County frequencies programmed. I have switched between 3 antennas that I have and can barely hear a peep. I hear the far away stuff more. Parker county comes in loud as well as Fort Worth. I have even picked up some Dallas PD transmissions, but very little local stuff. If I am in Joshua, I hear the police good. This was never the case with my Pro-17. Is there something I am doing wrong.

rgv1971

I have been trying to program the Pro-106 with really no luck. I live near Godley and have the Johnson County frequencies programmed. I have switched between 3 antennas that I have and can barely hear a peep. I hear the far away stuff more. Parker county comes in loud as well as Fort Worth. I have even picked up some Dallas PD transmissions, but very little local stuff. If I am in Joshua, I hear the police good. This was never the case with my Pro-17. Is there something I am doing wrong.

Sorry, Pro 107

el21128

I am new to RR and just purchased my Pro 106. When I got it they had programmed all the local channels for Baltimore County, MD police/fire. What is the best way to turn off the talk groups I don't want to listen to without locking out the entire frequency?

andrshaw_3

I am new to RR and just purchased my Pro 106. When I got it they had programmed all the local channels for Baltimore County, MD police/fire. What is the best way to turn off the talk groups I don't want to listen to without locking out the entire frequency?

Turn off " Wildcard " for your talkgroup settings and manually put in only the talkgroups you want to hear.

andrshaw_3

are you trying to program a conv system or a trunked system?

falcon2950

Premium Subscriber

I use the ARC 500 software and lock out the frequencies that I dont want. Real easy and you can modify any talkgroup without messing up the otherones using the same frequency.

el21128

I am programming the 25 system. I was wondering if software would make it easier but it seems people have different opinions on which software is best. I am a beginner just understanding the set up.

Thanks for all the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.