Winston County SO - NXDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avery93

Premium Subscriber
Looks like the Winston County Sheriff's Department may be converting to, and are at least testing, a new NXDN digital system. They sent in an application in August to add two new repeaters and added emission designators for 6.25 kHz NXDN voice (4K00F1E) to all frequencies in their KDP421 license. Shortly after the modification was granted I started hearing NXDN traffic on the new frequencies and also on the existing repeater.

From what I have heard they seem to be running Icom gear in mixed-mode analog/NXDN operation. I have only caught some sporadic testing but most of the traffic on the two new repeaters has been NXDN, with an occasional analog test transmission. All of their normal traffic is still on the existing (154.740) repeater in analog mode, with some occasional NXDN tests. I also heard some analog tests on the 'West' repeater that had what sounded like 5-tone signalling followed by some kind of FSK data burst.

Here are the new repeater output frequencies:
*'West' repeater: 155.625 (141.3 PL)
*'Central' repeater: 154.740 (141.3 PL). This was the existing repeater.
*'East' repeater: 155.745 (141.3 PL)

I don not know the RAN codes for the NXDN side as I currently have no way of decoding it.

medic9351301

Banned
ok i talked to the sheriff he is a good friend of mine

and ask him flat out he said they are going to have both analog and digital.

when funds become avail they will go to full digital he did say "no encrpt.

Avery93

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the information!

I don't monitor them all the time but I haven't heard much NXDN lately. From listening It sounds like many of their units don't have the new radios yet.

codeplug

Disabled Veteran, US Army, RIP #Hobo Shoestring
Winston County Sheriff
Emission Update: License / Call Sign KDP421.
Pending Application to modify / remove wideband emission (20K0F3E) and add NXDN emission (4K00F1E).
Frequencies affected: 154.74000 / 158.86500.
Emissions after FCC approval will be 11K2F3E / 4K00F1E.

Status
Not open for further replies.