Lexington Police West Sector

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanningisfun

The database has two frequencies in the DB for LPD's west dispatch. Which frequency is actually West Dispatch? Is it the channel where the alpha tag has a "W" in parantheses with the tag set as law dispatch, or is it the channel that has west sector dispatch in its name, but with the tag set as law talk? Which channel is used for what?

Jacob

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the confusion that is Lexington..... West is dispatched on both freqs.... Central will usually always be Lex PD 3, the other sectors could be any of 2, 4 thru 6.

scanningisfun

I will be in the area between Versailles, Lexington, and Mount Sterling for Christmas since we have family there. I have had all of KSP programmed for a while since we periodically visit my dad's hometown in Lyon County.

Jacob

kygemini90

Usually Lexington uses:

1- Information
2- Central Dispatch
3- Tactical or Special Event
4- East
5- West
6- Car to Car or Tactical or Special Event

Usually for part of third shift Lexington will "discontinue split-channel operations" and dispatch both East and West sectors on channel 4.

If you are ever unsure, just listen go by the first number in the unit number. 1-East, 2-Central, 3-West. Second number is shift, third number and letter is beat.
For example: 133B is the third shift west sector unit assigned to beat 3B.

scanningisfun

Usually Lexington uses:

1- Information
2- Central Dispatch
3- Tactical or Special Event
4- East
5- West
6- Car to Car or Tactical or Special Event

Usually for part of third shift Lexington will "discontinue split-channel operations" and dispatch both East and West sectors on channel 4.

If you are ever unsure, just listen go by the first number in the unit number. 1-East, 2-Central, 3-West. Second number is shift, third number and letter is beat.
For example: 133B is the third shift west sector unit assigned to beat 3B.

Thanks, this will help a lot. I am going to make a PDF of the wiki for Fayette County to put on my phone for quick reference. I am also tapping my Pro-79 scanner to monitor Montgomery County. Just got back from radio shack with some resistors, capacitors, and 3.5 mm jacks. I have DSD on my flash drive with cygwin1.dll. Pretty simple to use.

Jacob

Status
Not open for further replies.