Seeking a Lowell PD Feed Volunteer

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRHKY94

RE: Seeking a Lowell PD Feed Volunteer

The Lowell PD feed that I have been running on the RR site for quite some time will unfortunately have to be taken down shortly. This is a remote feed that I operate from a location near Lowell, however I will be losing access to that site soon. Reception of Lowell PD from my home shack in NH is pretty bad and a feed from there would not do justice to the RR community. This has been a relatively popular feed (averages 30 listeners per day) and it would be nice to have another member in the Lowell area volunteer to step in and fill the gap when mine is taken down.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Mike

NYRHKY94

Any potential volunteers to take the Lowell PD feed over before I take mine down? The reception from my current location (over 20 miles away) is just not going to cut it and is a disservice to the listeners. Hoping that another member will step in and put this popular feed up when mine comes down.

Thanks for considering the request.

Mike

w1wra

Premium Subscriber
I can almost see the LPD repeater site from my QTH.

:)

I would be happy to supply the feed. I have an under utilized digital scanner suited for the job. Feel free to contact me off list for any particulars I should be aware of.

Bill

NYRHKY94

Hi Bill:

That would be great!!! Thanks for offering to volunteer. My former listeners will really appreciate it. Sent you a PM just now.

Thanks again - Mike

w1wra

Premium Subscriber
Just as a followup, the new Lowell feed is online. If anyone has an issues, etc. , please don't hesitate to PM me.

Bill

w1wra

Premium Subscriber
I noticed some applications do not get scanner feed updates real time. A few apps I have tried show both the old and new feeds, where some only show the old offline feed. I would assume at some point your app will get an updated list.

Bill

NYRHKY94

Bill is correct. Until the RR audio staff deletes my old "Lowell Police Dispatch" feed, the database will show both feeds when using a mobile device (and also on the RR site itself). Just choose the one that is "on-line", which is Bill's new feed and you should be good to go.

Again, a big thank you to Bill for stepping up and volunteering to replace my old feed.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.