Any Orange County CCCS guys with the inside scoop =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmattyl

Premium Subscriber
Hey Y'all

Just a couple observations / questions i have regarding the CCCS and interesting traffic I"ve noticed

1. New/Unlabeled Talkgroups... 61120 and 65536. Unitrunker has seen about 1000+ hits on each groups so I figure they are legit, but encrypted.. I sure would like to be able to label them if anyone knows what they are.

2. multiple distant users using same radio ID... Digital TG 41280 Sherrif Transit Primary.. coped many different conversations with two users in different locations all coming up as the what i assume to be the main dispatch radio ID.. the Sta 18 units running calls all have different IDs but there seems to be a group of users all piggy backing the same ID... curious as to how that's done and what they are doing different than everyone else.

3. TAN-N ... new radio IDs keying the radio for just a moment ... this happens with different (usually previously unseen) radio IDs at various intervals usually only during business hours...

Thanks for any input any one might have

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Here's my take:

1. 65536 is the CWID. Unitrunker handles that by assigning it to an invalid TG, which is what 65536 is.
61120 is a school police TG, Irvine Valley College, I believe.

2. I have no idea. Radios cannot/ should not share ID's

3. Most likely what you are seeing is radio techs working on radios. That's my best guess anyway. Next time you see this, see if the same radio comes up on TAN-CALL and RED for a radio check.

kma371

QRT
For #2 it may be a conventional patch that's why it would use the same ID. I've seen it before on another P25 system.

bigmattyl

Premium Subscriber
Here's my take:

1. 65536 is the CWID. Unitrunker handles that by assigning it to an invalid TG, which is what 65536 is.
61120 is a school police TG, Irvine Valley College, I believe.

2. I have no idea. Radios cannot/ should not share ID's

3. Most likely what you are seeing is radio techs working on radios. That's my best guess anyway. Next time you see this, see if the same radio comes up on TAN-CALL and RED for a radio check.

Thanks!

Pardon my ignorance.. but what is the CWID

=)

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.