BCD996XT Reception Issue X2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfdbean554

Feed Provider
Ok I'm stumped. Working on a Chief's buggy with the scanner and I have done everything I can to test and correct.

I have replaced the entire antenna and tested impedance... Perfect. Switched out the 996 for a brand new 996... No improvement.

So working on the buggy the other day I grabbed my old Pro-92 and connected to the BNC and Boom prefect reception. I was using the local Manchester, NH EDAC system control ch. With either 996 in play I could not even hear the CC with the SQ turned all the down. Plugged in the Pro-92 and the CC was perfect with no SQ.

I have updated the firm to the latest release No change.

Anyone got some input

Thanks

cg

Premium Subscriber
did you try the frequency in conventional mode to verify the reception? Programming the system as EDACS wide? LCN correct? Attenuator off? (or try it on). Try NOAA weather channel? try the 996 away from the vehicle?

chris

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Several things could be the problem. Scanner programming, the power wire to the scanner and so on.

Like mentioned above, you need to confirm that the scanner is working properly to determine whether it's a scanner issue, or an issue with the vehicle.

If the scanner works okay in the desk top mode (AC power cord, regular antenna), then you know the scanner isn't the issue.

Once you confirm the scanner is working then bring it to the vehicle. Use an extension cord for power to the AC adapter and connect the scanner to the vehicle's scanner antenna. If that works, then try the actual 12 volt power supply.

Dewey

I'm with CG, especially since you've swapped scanners and still have the same problem. My bet is that in the end, you will find it to be a programming issue in how the system has been set up/programmed.

Dewey

Status
Not open for further replies.