AMR in Portage/Summit County

Status
Not open for further replies.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
Can someone clear up a bit of confusion?

Some recent info I can across indicates that the AMR uses 153.485 in Portage and Summit Counties.

The RRDB Summit page has this frequency, but it is licensed to Portage County under Mitchell Communications (WPMU321 (MITCHELL COMMUNICATIONS INC) FCC Callsign Details). FCC licenses exist for AMR in Summit under a different license (KQO501 (American Medical Response, Inc.) FCC Callsign Details) with different frequencies:

The KQO501 license has sites in Stark, Summit, and Portage. RRDB doesn't list them.

Thanks for helping clear this up...

kd8mvc

Premium Subscriber
Can someone clear up a bit of confusion?

Some recent info I can across indicates that the AMR uses 153.485 in Portage and Summit Counties.

The RRDB Summit page has this frequency, but it is licensed to Portage County under Mitchell Communications (WPMU321 (MITCHELL COMMUNICATIONS INC) FCC Callsign Details). FCC licenses exist for AMR in Summit under a different license (KQO501 (American Medical Response, Inc.) FCC Callsign Details) with different frequencies:

The KQO501 license has sites in Stark, Summit, and Portage. RRDB doesn't list them.

Thanks for helping clear this up...

Heard some calls on 153.485 inside Portage County like Robinson Hospital to Streetsboro and another one in Kent

Sportster77

Premium Subscriber
My download from the libray into my PSR800 has AMR using 153.485 and the last few days that I have been down in Mogadore I have heard quite a bit of activity on it. The Alpha tag reads " AMR SC OPS".

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
The traffic you are hearing is likely Summit County units running with Akron fire. The freq and tag you list are directly from the radioreference database for Summit County. I'd asking for help on the other frequencies and Portage County activity.

Keep your ears out for non-Summit County traffic on that frequency, though.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
kd8mvc,

Sorry I skipped over your reply. I didn't get the notification about it until late last night. I got Sportster's reply first. Thanks for the info.

NCFDladder7

If you he's units, such as 1401 or 401, those are summit county cars. Any car that starts with 27 or 7 is a stark county car. As for the frequencies, I mostly listen to summit county (that's where I'm stationed FOR AMR), but I'm not sure if the stark county frequency is used or not.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks for the good info. Two follow-up questions (he says, having a 2012 election debate flashback):

1) What are unit numbers for Portage County units?

2) Do Portage and Stark AMR units run any public safety calls, like the Summit AMR units do with Akron, or is it strictly medical transports?

NCFDladder7

As far as portage county numbers, I haven't heard what their numbers are, nor do I believe there are any out of there currently.

As far as canton, they do some 911 calls, and sometimes come up to Akron if needed. I couldn't say just how much 911 calls they do.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
This just gets more and more interesting. I decided to try a simply google search for AMR Portage County.

One of the pages that came back (http://go.hubbiz.com/Amr-Oh) shows an address for them in Kent at 203 N Depeyster St.

Now, google that address and turn on satellite view (https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&...=us&ei=YGzHUKjYIqjk2QXtq4CYCA&ved=0CCwQ8gEwAA),

It looks like there may be a AMR rig parked against the south side of the building. The vehicles at the north end of the building look more like bucket trucks.

Nasby

203 N. Depeyster in Kent is, and always has been, the Ohio Bell/AT&T/Ameritech building. They have been the only occupants of that location. At one time, they had a tall transmitter pole there. Perhaps AMR leased space on their pole?

I have monitored the listed AMR freqs for an hour or so but quite frankly I can hardly stand the boredom ("signal 4" "I'm out for fuel" and exciting stuff like that). So I'm sorry I can't help shed any light on their radio system.

kd8mvc

Premium Subscriber
153.485 Akron

Is 153.485 still used ? haven't heard any traffic in awhile..wasn't sure if it was just my location or they went digital or new narrow band frequency.

KWs

Premium Subscriber
I've heard nothing either on this frequency as of late .. Used to get it rather weak signals, but disappeared about a month or more ago. Had heard they we were thinking of going to MARCS, buy never heard anything if they did or didn't ....

kd8mvc

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the replies and info..guess whenever Akron EMS request a code 2 have to wildcard MARCS or search new freq's

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Hi Folks,

AMR (who also happened to buy out Rural/Metro in 2015) has multiple licenses, as outlined before. I do not believe any of the frequencies from their licenses are listed in the DB though. The only frequencies for AMR listed in the DB for NEOH are frequencies belonging to Mitchell Communications. That's understandable since on some AMR licenses they point to Mitchell sites or Mitchell addresses or in some way reference Mitchell as the radio shop.

I'd ask if you guys up in Stark / Summit / Portage (and wherever AMR exists in NEOH) could listen and determine what is in use and what is not.

In the RRDB, there are AMR repeaters listed in Stark and Summit Cos that are associated with Mitchell Communications FCC licenses. And whomever submitted that data submitted that they were digital / NXDN48.

It would be awesome if those of you within NEOH AMR territory could program all of these frequencies in and see if you can determine which ones are in use. For the NXDN ones on the Mitchell FCC licenses, I believe they would be NXDN48 and we would need to know for sure if they were NXDN48 and would need a RAN.

AMR LICENSES
------------

WPPU863
(all simplex)
152.345 Louisville (Stark)
152.345 Mogadore (Portage)
152.345 Cleveland (Cuyahoga)
152.345 Medina (Medina)

KQO501
(all simplex)
155.16 Canton (Stark)
155.22 Akron (Summit)
155.295 Akron (Summit)
155.295 Canton (Stark)
155.295 Mogadore (Portage)

KGX232
(simplex)
151.865 Youngstown (Mahoning)

WNWZ658
(repeaters)
452.95 Girard (Trumbull)
452.975 Girard (Trumbull)

WNLV418
(repeater)
461.15 Youngstown (Mahoning)

WPPV802
(repeaters)
152.285 Akron (Summit)
152.285 Warrensville Heights (Cuyahoga)

MITCHELL COMM LICENSES
----------------------
WPMZ709
153.545 In RRDB for Stark Co -- reportedly AMR using NXDN48 digital

WPMU321
153.485 In RRDB for Summit Co -- reportedly AMR using NXDN48 digital

Thanks

Mike

Last edited:

ohi007

Hey Mike,
The (inside) info I've gotten is that the former summit county dispatch center was closed. All the radio frequency are still licenced and in place, they are NX EDGE but very seldom used now. 95% is cell/mdt use.
Hope this helps.
Steve ohi007

Status
Not open for further replies.