Any Interest in a Monitoring Club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kygemini90

Hey folks, I’m Stevie and I would like to see if there is much interest in organizing a regional monitoring club throughout Kentucky. I know there are quite a few of these clubs northeast, and then I realize some of us have been using Incident Page Network and First Responder Wireless News for our reporting. If there is interest I would like a small group of Kentucky members to organize further. If we could get together and figure out who can hear what from where they are, who listens when, and whether they are interested in participating in a network then maybe we can set up some Coverage Zones and try to recruit more people to listen.

So if you could answer the questions below, maybe we can figure out where we are at!

1. Where are you located?
2. What public safety agencies do you currently monitor?
3. Do you use IPN/1RWN/Twitter to notify others of what you hear?
4. Would you be interested in starting a network in Kentucky to keep each other, and local news agencies, appraised of what is going on.
5. Are you an Amateur Radio Operator?
6. What kind of scanning equipment do you use?

kygemini90

I'll go first!

So if you could answer the questions below, maybe we can figure out where we are at!

1. Where are you located?
Richmond, KY

2. What public safety agencies do you currently monitor?
Madison County Public Safety, Lexington Police, Lexington Fire, UK Trauma Center, MedEvacs, Kentucky
State Police Posts 7 and 12.

3. Do you use IPN/1RWN/Twitter to notify others of what you hear?
I use IPN: KY012 and Twitter: @kyscanner to keep people in the loop!

4. Would you be interested in starting a network in Kentucky to keep each other, and local news agencies,
appraised of what is going on.
Absolutely!

5. Are you an Amateur Radio Operator?
Not yet. Taking the test soon!

6. What kind of scanning equipment do you use?
I have a base BCD996XT, a mobile BCD996XT in the car, and a BCD396XT handheld

trashman43

Kentucky DB Admin...
Database Admin
1. Where are you located? Central Ky (Marion,Washington, Nelson, Taylor Co area)
2. What public safety agencies do you currently monitor? above agencies, KSP, Feds, DMARCS
3. Do you use IPN/1RWN/Twitter to notify others of what you hear? no
4. Would you be interested in starting a network in Kentucky to keep each other, and local news agencies, appraised of what is going on. yse
5. Are you an Amateur Radio Operator? yes
6. What kind of scanning equipment do you use? Motorola Astro (Spectra, Saber, and XTS's) too many scanners/receivers/SDR to list

RonnieUSA

1. Where are you located? Morehead
2. What public safety agencies do you currently monitor? Any Thing I can Pickup
3. Do you use IPN/1RWN/Twitter to notify others of what you hear? No
4. Would you be interested in starting a network in Kentucky to keep each other, and local news agencies, appraised of what is going on. Yes
5. Are you an Amateur Radio Operator? No
6. What kind of scanning equipment do you use? Pro-197

w4rtt

1. Where are you located? Northern KY
2. What public safety agencies do you currently monitor? Boone, Kenton, Campbell, Pendleton, Grant
3. Do you use IPN/1RWN/Twitter to notify others of what you hear? No
4. Would you be interested in starting a network in Kentucky to keep each other, and local news agencies, appraised of what is going on. Yes
5. Are you an Amateur Radio Operator? W4RTT General
6. What kind of scanning equipment do you use? BC780, Pro 2006, Pro2004, BC760, Pro 96, Icom R8500

rick10

1. Where are you located? Central Ky. Versailles Woodford county
2. What public safety agencies do you currently monitor? Local PD/Fire, KSP, KYEMS
3. Do you use IPN/1RWN/Twitter to notify others of what you hear? No.
5. Are you an Amateur Radio Operator? Yes, N4WCQ
6. What kind of scanning equipment do you use? Uniden BC796, Pro92 (2), Pro2052 tapped for DSD.

edkt4hr

club

1. Where are you located? Central Ky.lincoln co, casey, boyle
2. What public safety agencies do you currently monitor? Local PD/Fire, KSP, KYEMS, military
3. Do you use IPN/1RWN/Twitter to notify others of what you hear? just got on kyscanner on twitter
5. Are you an Amateur Radio Operator? Yes, KT4HR / 145.170 88.5 tone
6. What kind of scanning equipment do you use? pro 106 , pro 96, icom 75

i know of a place in lexington we could have meetings at

Last edited:

RonnieUSA

Is this it, no more people I know there is more people

I don't see much activate on here any more, I think they are reading, and moving on.
I see a lot of post go unanswered, it's like talking to yourself.

Wished more people posted other than for Louisville, there are other places in Kentucky.

benjaminfs733

I think it is a self-fulfilling prophecy...perhaps the database has become so accurate, people don't need to utilize the boards and therefore are not accustomed to them.

With that being said....

benjaminfs733

1. Where are you located? Louisville (former Bowling Green)
2. What public safety agencies do you currently monitor? Police (Bowling Green - All Public Safety)
3. Do you use IPN/1RWN/Twitter to notify others of what you hear? Nope
4. Would you be interested in starting a network in Kentucky to keep each other, and local news agencies, appraised of what is going on. Perhaps (I have very limited time)
5. Are you an Amateur Radio Operator? Yes, KI4SMS
6. What kind of scanning equipment do you use? BC780 / iCom W32A / Uniden 996

ak4fn

1. Where are you located? Fredonia, KY (Caldwell Co)

2. What public safety agencies do you currently monitor? KSP Post 1 & 2 Caldwell Co Sheriff/Fire/EMS (Inc Princeton) Crittenden Co Sheriff/Fire/EMS Lyon Co Sheriff/Fire/EMS and more My R/R Feed

3. Do you use IPN/1RWN/Twitter to notify others of what you hear? no, but willing to if needed

5. Are you an Amateur Radio Operator? Yes ak4fn

6. What kind of scanning equipment do you use? BC996XT BC780XLT

jwlehman

Premium Subscriber
1. Where are you located? Laconia, Indiana (But surrounded by Ky due to geography - see map shot below)

2. What public safety agencies do you currently monitor? Anything I can receive.

3. Do you use IPN/1RWN/Twitter to notify others of what you hear? no, but willing to if needed

5. Are you an Amateur Radio Operator? No, but studying for Technician test

6. What kind of scanning equipment do you use? Uniden BCD996XT and Uniden BCD396XT

Attachments

• Laconia-Map-Shot.jpg
    Laconia-Map-Shot.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 244

Napalm

Premium Subscriber
1. Where are you located? Jeffersontown, Louisville area.

2. What public safety agencies do you currently monitor? Not limited to PS agencies. 0-2GHz (milair, UHF satcom, HF, etc. etc.)

3. Do you use IPN/1RWN/Twitter to notify others of what you hear? Twitter, when I can.

4. Would you be interested in starting a network in Kentucky to keep each other, and local news agencies, appraised of what is going on. Aside from the local news agencies.

5. Are you an Amateur Radio Operator? KC9UZB (General).

6. What kind of scanning equipment do you use? Too many to mention.. but here goes...
BCT-15. BR-330, Icom PCR-1000, Icom PCR-100, Icom R-5, Yaesu FT8800, home made SDR, Pro-2045, Lowe HF-225, Kenwood R-2000, Motorola Spectra VHF radio... erm... some others I'm forgetting.

catbird

Premium Subscriber
1.Where are you located? Paducah (McCracken County)
2.What public safety agencies do you currently monitor? Anything in W. KY and S. IL
3. Do you use IPN/1RWN/Twitter to noitify others of what you hear? No
4.Would you be interested in starting a network in Kentucky to keep each other, and local news agencies appraised of what is going on? No
5. Are you an Amateur Radio Operator? No
6. What kind of scanning equipment do you use? BCD996T, Pro 2096, Pro 197, BC780XLT

Status
Not open for further replies.