• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HT750 Cloning

Status
Not open for further replies.

schwartzcy

I am the IT director for a company, and we have roughly 30 ht750's. Our local motorola dealer is a joke, so i decided to figure out programming on my own. After investing in the programming cable and the software, I have figured out how to read the device and browse through the settings.

The main thing I am trying to do is to clone a radio, but haven't quite found any resourses online stating a procedure to do so.

I have CPS 06-12.05

Could anyone help me with this or provide a link with descriptions on how to clone a new radio.

N1GTL

Database Admin
Read a radio, set everything in your code plug as you want then Click write. Connect next radio, click write. Connect next radio, click write....... There is no "clone" button in the software.

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
One thing to note though, you'll only be able to clone the radios if they all have the exact same model number. If not, you'll have to create a new template but there's not that many variations of HT750 models so it may not be a big deal.

schwartzcy

I have "read" the radio.

when i connect the next one and select "write", it tells me that the serial numbers do not match.

Any suggestions?

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
That's weird. Unlike many other CPS packages, there is no clone button (as N1GTL already noted) so you just use the write button. I've literally cloned hundreds of Waris radios in the past year and I've only had communication errors, model number mismatches or low battery alerts but never a serial number problem. You've got the right software though. I can poke around it sometime and look in the help files.

Nasby

I have had that happen too. I tried everything but nothing worked. I ended up just writing a separate codeplug for the radio that would not take the "write" from the other radios. At least its only 16 channels to worry about. Ha.

RKG

I have programmed literally thousands of Waris portables, and I've never seen the CPS mask for target radio serial number. Indeed, the fact that it does not do so is the reason why you don't need a separate clone function for these radios. Something else is amiss here.

Status
Not open for further replies.