Morris Cty MIRS Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

res5cue

Hey Gang,

I was wondering if anyone knew the locations of the Sites? Like towns or general area. it's easier for programming scanners. Thanks!

Eric

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
North Simulcast Zone - tower sites at Kinnelon, Jefferson and Boonton

South Simulcast Zone - tower sites at Randolph, Chester, Morristown, Dover and Netcong

There are also intellirepeater sites in Washington Twp (Southwest IR) and Long Hill Twp (Southeast IR).

res5cue

UGH!! i looked right past it.. Sorry.. Been long few days!! Ty for pointing it out!! I had the North in my Scanner being in Hopatcong and signal wasn't that great i changed to the South freqs and its full scale..

RatRadio

Premium Subscriber
MIRS Sites

New site coming online this month at the Riker Hill site in Livingston/West Orange.

Fizz306

Premium Subscriber
In addition to Riker Hill, I'm told the 7.x upgrade will be completed this month, with a switch over on Dec. 19th. Riker Hill's site will be a godsent to those in the Madison-Chatham-Long Hill area that is PLAGUED with reception issues.

res5cue

Any idea when the system is going to be upgraded to 9600 baud?

Once that happens my MIRS feed is gone from RR cause i only have a BC785D

Eric

mdragon

Riker Hill's site will be a godsent to those in the Madison-Chatham-Long Hill area that is PLAGUED with reception issues.
Anyone know if this will be highly directional antenna(s) pointed back into Morris? I've long wondered why County systems focused on towers inside the county particularly when they meet the next county in a valley like south and eastern Morris borders Somerset, Union, and Essex

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
In addition to Riker Hill, I'm told the 7.x upgrade will be completed this month, with a switch over on Dec. 19th. Riker Hill's site will be a godsent to those in the Madison-Chatham-Long Hill area that is PLAGUED with reception issues.

Long Hill already has an IR site. But yes, this site will help. Does anyone know if it is going to be part of the North or South Simulcast?

BTW, how long is Motorola supporting 7.x?

W2SJW

Database Admin
The system will be one large zone after the P25 conversion. There will be no more simulcast sites & IR's.

It should make programming & monitoring the system much more easy.

Fizz306

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know if this will be highly directional antenna(s) pointed back into Morris? I've long wondered why County systems focused on towers inside the county particularly when they meet the next county in a valley like south and eastern Morris borders Somerset, Union, and Essex

From what I was told by one of the system admins, yes. Directional antennas pointed in a downwards angle towards their intended reception area. This is a result of complying with regulations that are attempting to confine these emissions to the Morris County area and prevent them from causing interference to other agencies using the same frequencies in NY.

Also, that Long Hill IR still left coverage gaps in certain areas of the township, and also didn't alleviate the reception issues for Chatham Twp on the River Rd side of the ridge.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
The system will be one large zone after the P25 conversion. There will be no more simulcast sites & IR's.

It should make programming & monitoring the system much more easy.

Hmmm. If I'm not mistaken, doesn't Bergen run a 9600 baud Astro P25 system with two simulcast zones...one classified as "Mahwah" and the other "Alpine?" Morris County is not doing the same? If it is one large system, then they would have to add ALL the frequencies to ALL sites which would be a huge cost in infrastructure upgrades. And there would be only one active control channel...

RocketNJ

It will be one zone. There are significant performance benefits in going to a one zone system. Previously with Astro narrow pulse it was not possible to do one zone due to the maximum distance between site limitation. With linear simulcast that limitation is no longer a factor.

The new system is adding three additional sites.

Fizz306

Premium Subscriber
RocketNJ,

First, welcome back to the east coast. Second, will those three additional sites, including Riker Hill, go up on the 19th as well?

RocketNJ

No, the new master site comes on first which should not impact coverage or scanning. Once that is done then the cutover to 9600 will be scheduled

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
The new system is adding three additional sites.

I see the new site in Livingston and what looks like an additional site in Washington Township on West Springtown Road below. What is the other one? I checked the ULS and found the following...

"South Simulcast"
JAMES ANDREWS PARK, WEST HANOVER AVE RANDOLPH, NJ
2.5 MI SE OF STANHOPE NETCONG, NJ
FOX HILL DRIVE DOVER, NJ
COURT STREET MORRISTOWN, NJ
300 MAIN STREET CHESTER, NJ

"North Simulcast"
ROSS DRIVE BOONTON, NJ
WELDON ROAD MILTON, JEFFERSON, NJ
PATRICIA DRIVE KINNELON, NJ

"Southeast IR"
LONG HILL ROAD LONG HILL, NJ

"Southwest IR"
HIGH RIDGE ROAD LONG VALLEY, NJ

New sites??
180 WEST SPRINGTOWN ROAD LONG VALLEY, NJ
284 BEAUFORT AVENUE LIVINGSTON, NJ ESSEX County
And a little birdie that told me Rockaway Township....

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
RocketNJ,

With linear simulcast, do all the sites utilize the same control channel? Also, do all the sites transmit on the same frequency when a radio keys on a particular talkgroup, or does the controller not key a site if no radios are affiliated to that specific site?

Sorry to hijack with a technical question, just trying to clarify for a guy in a tie.

Status
Not open for further replies.