Disgruntled in CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

freightguy

With the feed and the alpha tags that I have provided to RR for the past several years, I never tried to look at another feed's archives until today. Here I have been providing 24/7/365 audio and data listed in 3 counties and covering state, local police, fire, ems, copter, and airport, and alpha tags for all, yet I am unable to listen to another feed provider's archives without a paid subscription?

There is something wrong with this picture. Also, I tried to enhance my state police feed by downloading the 700mhz file, and was prevented from doing that.

Is this a "give only" situation I'm in? I believed that I was given premium subscriber privileges as a feed provider. I had no idea that this was the way it is.

And if that IS the case, you can go ahead and shut my feed down - 7204.

Mike

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
You originally posted to Community Announcements but I've moved this to the Live Audio Admin forum. Please check the forum name before creating a thread in the future. Thanks.

freightguy

Situation is now corrected.

I was streaming at the time I wanted to download a file, and I was streaming when I wanted to look at another feed's archives.

Now when I go to download a file, the system allows it. Before it was telling me that I need to be a Premium Subscriber to download files, and the same when I wanted to check some archives.

My owner page still says Feed Type: Standard (Free), but I am allowed the Premium Subscriber benefits now.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
My owner page still says Feed Type: Standard (Free), but I am allowed the Premium Subscriber benefits now.

Feed Type is different than Account Type. If you view your main account page, you will see Feed Provider - Premium when your feed is broadcasting.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/account

The Feed Type shown on your feed management page refers to the type of feed you are providing. 99.9% of all RR feeds are Standard (Free). A few years ago there was a plan to allow feed providers to pay to get additional features on their feeds, these were going to be Premium feeds. That plan has been put on hold indefinitely. There are a handful of feeds that are still Premium feeds, they are leftovers from the beta test.

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Premium_Feeds

Also, there was an issue with one of the archive servers yesterday. That may explain the issues you were having.

freightguy

No Longer Disgruntled in CT

My thanks for the feedback, correction on the Feed Type, and server issue. Although, like I mentioned, the rejections happened weeks ago, if not more than a month ago; tried on several occasions since to no satisfaction; finally just had time to question the situation, and it got resolved.

I understand that RR is currently going through a growth spurt and may be feeling a few pains here and there, but it is important to me to see that myself and other feed providers receive the benefits promised to feed providers. In a very large part, the feed providers are what has made this site (and other sites) what it (they) are today. Or, there would be very little to listen to.

My hat also goes off to those who understand the growing technology and can convert their knowledge into layman's terms that we can all understand, in order to program these scanners.

Happy Holidays everyone!!! And Merry Christmas.

Mike
freightguy@aol.com

mkescan

Make sure you are logged in, also deleting cookies or blocking cookies on some browsers will give you those problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.