Safe-T Talkgroup I've Identified

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Do you know which ISP post that is from? I know you heard it on the Indy site, but was it ISP D52? I need to know where to place it in the TG's. Thanks!

racin06

scanner_freak said:
Do you know which ISP post that is from? I know you heard it on the Indy site, but was it ISP D52? I need to know where to place it in the TG's. Thanks!

Sorry, I believe the MCE transmission I received is working out of District 52 because the officer was patrolling I-465. I will confirm. Thanks.

Mattnik

Database Admin
scanner_freak said:

Was it analog? Digital?

I never have been able to find out much about MCE. Do they mark in and out of duty on their talkgroup? Seems like it would just be easier to have them use the primary dispatch talkgroup, but on SAFE-T and the older 800 systems, they have been on separate talkgroups.

Makes me wonder if there is a whole separate chain of command and administrative structure to the MCE folks.

Good catch!

Matt

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Mattnik said:
scanner_freak said:

Was it analog? Digital?

I never have been able to find out much about MCE. Do they mark in and out of duty on their talkgroup? Seems like it would just be easier to have them use the primary dispatch talkgroup, but on SAFE-T and the older 800 systems, they have been on separate talkgroups.

Makes me wonder if there is a whole separate chain of command and administrative structure to the MCE folks.

Good catch!

Matt

Here in D42 Versailles, they do not have their own channel. They do use 42-DISP on SAFE-T to talk with the post. They do go 10-41/42 with their milage. In fact, most still prefer to use Low Band even though they have SAFE-T Radios.

racin06

Mattnik said:
Was it analog? Digital?

I never have been able to find out much about MCE. Do they mark in and out of duty on their talkgroup?
Matt

I didn't catch if it was digital or analog. I also haven't heard the MCE mark in and out of their talkgroup. Additionally, I only have heard a few MCE transmissions (They are far and few between). I will see what I can find out to answer your questions.

I am a scanning newbie, so you guys will have to deal with my ignorance for a while. I am certainly glad I found this web site. Very educational.

I will say that I enjoy the hobby. I also love my Pro-96! :D

scannerfreak

Database Admin
racin06 said:
Mattnik said:
Was it analog? Digital?

I never have been able to find out much about MCE. Do they mark in and out of duty on their talkgroup?
Matt

I didn't catch if it was digital or analog. I also haven't heard the MCE mark in and out of their talkgroup. Additionally, I only have heard a few MCE transmissions (They are far and few between). I will see what I can find out to answer your questions.

I am a scanning newbie, so you guys will have to deal with my ignorance for a while. I am certainly glad I found this web site. Very educational.

I will say that I enjoy the hobby. I also love my Pro-96! :D

There is certainly nothing ignorant about discovering a new talkgroup! :)

kbandy

racin06 said:
Talkgroup 2912 is the Motor Carrier Enforcement. I received the transmission from Site 101 (Indianapolis).
I hate to burst any bubbles, but 2912 is the Control talkgroup for the Indiana State Farm in Putnamville.

Radio_Cowboy

I've heard the Motor Carrier units out of Indianapolis on the District 52 dispatch talkgroup....they go by the 95-XXX identifier, instead of the usual 52-XXX designator, and have always been in digital mode since the switchover. I would assume that they would use the 95 designator all over the state in all districts...either on SAFE-T or lowband.

-RC-

racin06

Radio_Cowboy said:
I've heard the Motor Carrier units out of Indianapolis on the District 52 dispatch talkgroup....they go by the 95-XXX identifier, instead of the usual 52-XXX designator, and have always been in digital mode since the switchover. I would assume that they would use the 95 designator all over the state in all districts...either on SAFE-T or lowband.
-RC-

Wow, you can receive Safe-T from New Mexico? What antenna are you using? :wink:

Radio_Cowboy

Herr de herr herr.... :p

I spent the first 21 years of my life in Hamilton county.... back when Westfield was just that.....a "west field" of some farmer's land.... :lol:

Seriously, I grew up in Carmel and still have family there, so I still return a couple times a year....and always bring my 245xlt and now my Pro-96 with me. I was there over the Christmas holliday and was mostly listening to the Indianapolis Safe-T tower....since you can hear all of District 51, 52, and 53 off the Indy tower, I didn't bother listening to Pendelton. Made for some good scanning on Dec 23 with that big snowstorm! :)

-RC-

racin06

Radio_Cowboy said:
Herr de herr herr.... :p

I spent the first 21 years of my life in Hamilton county.... back when Westfield was just that.....a "west field" of some farmer's land.... :lol:

Seriously, I grew up in Carmel and still have family there, so I still return a couple times a year....and always bring my 245xlt and now my Pro-96 with me. I was there over the Christmas holliday and was mostly listening to the Indianapolis Safe-T tower....since you can hear all of District 51, 52, and 53 off the Indy tower, I didn't bother listening to Pendelton. Made for some good scanning on Dec 23 with that big snowstorm! :) -RC-

I've been in Westfield for 15 years now. I'm originally from and grew up in Lebanon. 15 years ago there wasn't much in Westfield. Now, Westfield has grown way too much for my liking. I think I will move up to Tipton. :lol:

What took you to New Mexico? Where do you live in NM? NM is beautiful country. I really like Santa Fe.

ISP911

MCE units go by the 95-XXX designator Statewide. Generally, the last two digits of their ID will be the District assigned. i.e. 95-24, 95-324, 95-524 are all assigned to D24 Bremen. However, being State units they are free to roam at will between Districts. Also, not sure if I posted this or not but the Interdiction units up North have switched to DES (Drug Enforcement Section) ID's. Used to ID in the 90's i.e. 24-90, 24-91 (D24 Interdiction) are now 96-96 and 96-97. Anyone else seeing this in their Districts?

Status
Not open for further replies.