OHP Low band??

Status
Not open for further replies.

skatertj

Im curious to know if OHP uses their low band frequencies often. I wouldnt mind listening to that as well but arent sure if they even use their low band channels or not. Im mainly referring to the wagoner/tulsa counties. Also, if any of you monitor low band with a mobile antenna, what antenna are you using? I want a low band but not a 40" antenna on my crown victoria haha

n5bew1

In Troop A they use 45.22 as a talk around frequency at lot just to talk to each other that would be OHP low band channel 4 I believe. The longer the antenna the better on low band as a non-loaded 1/4 wave whip would be about 60 inches. I have used a Larson 5/8's wave 2 meter ham antenna with acceptable results before. That was about 48.5 inches long. Shorter antennas will hear some things but will trail off quicker as you drive away from the person talking.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Yes The OHP in the Tulsa area use the 45.220 as well, I use 800Mhz antennas on my vehicles and have no problem picking them up when I am mobile. If I go outside the area and am expecting more "Lowband" traffic I use the RS 3 stage antenna that covers a wide range.

skatertj

Guess i need to find a low band antenna that isnt going to be too long! Haha. Want one but dont want to have a 49" whip my car....

skatertj

Haha i wouldnt mind a big whip.... if I drove a truck haha and tennis ball??? What happened to the yellow smiley face??? haha

plaws

Premium Subscriber
1961_MT_State_Patrol_Ford_Rear_1.jpg

48_V2010102145554.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.