Summit County 800 System

kd8mvc

Premium Subscriber
Summit SO Dispatch 2 [32048]

2 questions thought someone may know...

1. Heard a high speed pursuit on Summit Sheriff Dispatch 2 TG 32048, Is this TG used for just events like this or is it used for patrol in a different part of county?

2. Contacted OSP and Stark County for assistance both use Motorola type 2 are they able to talk to each other direct or do they both have to be on MARCS ? would have seemed to be much easier to have direct contact since they were using OSP aircraft.

SCPD

QRT
2 questions thought someone may know...

1. Heard a high speed pursuit on Summit Sheriff Dispatch 2 TG 32048, Is this TG used for just events like this or is it used for patrol in a different part of county?

Usually used to get that traffic off their main channel. Don't know about your second question.

Nasby

There's nothing wrong with the Summit system. It has been up and running fine non-stop for months.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
The most likely MARCS channels that would be programmed into Summit radios would be SO-77 (the interop channel) and the ECOMM-n channels (events).

I would try the ECOMM ones first. Remember, the state periodically has those "test your radio" days where the try to get as many users in the state to talk on the ECOMM channels.

SCPD

QRT
If I decoded the coordinates correctly, it would put it on or about the Army Reserve base. I went by there Thursday and didn't notice anything.

Swipesy

If I decoded the coordinates correctly, it would put it on or about the Army Reserve base. I went by there Thursday and didn't notice anything.

Ed, it is hard to tell. When I plotted the co-ordinates it came up just North of Higland Rd on Chamberlin. Since the application was dated 12/31/12 it would seem it is the new one but then again who knows. Also, based upon the tower construction photos my plotting of the co-ordinates show a building that is also looks to be in the photos and possibly Chamberlin Rd in the background. However your two eyes are certainly better than looking at a Google map.

John

SCPD

QRT
Well I got two locations trying to pin it down One was on the west side of Chamberlin just south of the RR tracks. The other was on the north side of the reserve center. The trouble with coordinates nowadaze.....I will keep an eye or two out....

SCPD

QRT
I'm sure that is the one. Except Chamberlin is 3 miles long and no street number given. I'm having a hard time applying the coordinate values since there seems to be 2 or 3 different formats. I'm guessing by the reserve center. The site just south of the tracks is pretty darn close to the power station just north of the tracks. I would wonder about interference/electrical noise.
~~~
On second thought both are pretty close to that power station...

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Yes. But there are no house numbers on an empty field. :)
South of the tracks on the west side of Chamberlin.
The reason I missed it on the first download of that file is because it isn't in there. The one I did today is very different even though it's the same URL and it shows the location.

KWs

Premium Subscriber
LOL ..sorry about that .. nearest structure is 8500 Chamberlin Rd .. 8520 is an actual Summit County Auditor address, the property is owned by Ohio Edison, just south of the Norfolk Southern RR tracks .