• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CM300 Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustinw251

I have the software for the cm 300, and the cables for the cdm1250. I have read in older threads that i may need some type of flash adapter to be able to program the CM 300's with this cable.Is this factual or can I program them without the adapter. I wont be flashing any firmware only swapping to 12.5khz. Can anyone help me out with this. Im trying to get a Fire Dept swapped to narrowband before the 31.

dustinw251

Well i do have it installed on win 7 but I know with the older versions it would install but not run. I guess we will find out in the morning.

firefive76

I have the software for the cm 300, and the cables for the cdm1250. I have read in older threads that i may need some type of flash adapter to be able to program the CM 300's with this cable.Is this factual or can I program them without the adapter. I wont be flashing any firmware only swapping to 12.5khz. Can anyone help me out with this. Im trying to get a Fire Dept swapped to narrowband before the 31.

You have to have the adapter for the CM200, CM300, PM400 radios. The GM/CDM cable will work only with the adapter attached to it.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
You have to have the adapter for the CM200, CM300, PM400 radios. The GM/CDM cable will work only with the adapter attached to it.

That may be changing.

Another guy with similar issues just bought a new USB cable for the CM's/PM's and it worked fine without the 1 to 3 adapter. At this point, you'd probably have to examine the cable closely to see if there is a jumper at the RJ45 end. Even if there isn't, if all the pins are populated with wire, it's possible the jumper has been added at the other end.

The only way to be really sure is to try it. If it will read the radio without the adapter then you are good to go.

Nasby

I bought a KAWA cable that programs my CM300, CDM-1250 and M1225 flawlessly. Cost me less than thirty bux!

dustinw251

Just for the record guys. I got 12 radios programmed successfully with the cdm-gm cable with no flash adapter. I appreciate you guys and ur help.

N1GTL

Database Admin
To make a programming cable for a CM200/CM300/CM400 as well as CDM and Maxtrac radios:

RJ45 pin ---- DB25
2 --- 15
3 --- 25
4 --- 12
5 --- 1

You need to put a jumper between pins 4 and 11 on the DB25

You need to jump pins 6 and 8 in the RJ45 (actually jump them in the DB25 hood). This is the step required for making the cable work on the CM series.

This is for use WITH a RIB, not ribless.

$5.00 in parts

Status
Not open for further replies.