Bricked my Pro-107 trying firmware update...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB9LMJ

I hope someone can help me here!

My Pro-107 has always had trouble listening to an EDACS ESK system not too far from me. My other scanners can hear it and decode it with no degradation of audio. The Pro-107 would sometimes not stop on a TG at all (the other scanner stops on it just fine) or it would stop, but would be staticy for a couple of seconds and then pick up the TG loud and clear (the signal strength meter would fluctuate then lock on full strength. I know it's not an antenna issue as all the radios are run through an active multiplexer and that is the only one that doesn't work properly). Frustrated in the quality of the 107, I thought maybe it was an issue with the firmware trying to decode the ESK format. So...I tried an update and got the following screen:

uP BootVer:RF1.1
up:App Ver: NONE
CPU SW Upgrade
Error - Turn off

The only way to turn it off is to remove the power cord, as pressing the power button doesn't register now.

I figured maybe the software was out of date so I updated that as well. Now the software will at least see the radio and try to update the firmware, but every time I try to load it to the radio it fails. The software gives me:

"The update of the firmware to the scanner failed. The scanner rejected the upgrade! This is usually due to a corrupt download from the Internet. Please try the update again."

I tried it several time....several times it failed.

Have I completely bricked my radio?

Any help is much appreciated!

KB9LMJ

I'm not sure how to try a hard reset. Hopefully that'll work!

I looked though the other thread and I tried everything in there and nothing worked. I'm at a loss..

mikepdx

did you read the posts from user 'Kingmobileaudio' in that thread?
He uploaded some iscan software for download and another user said
it fixed the issue.

If no go, you might PM him and see if he has any suggestions.

KB9LMJ

Fixed it!!

FIXED! I'm beginning to HATE W7...nothing seems to run on it. I had to break out my old XP machine and load iScan on it and do the upgrade from a Windows XP computer.

Worked like a charm...

Thanks and Happy New Year!

KB9LMJ

As a bonus, the firmware update corrected the trunking problem I had as well! I guess it just needed a kick in the pants. That's great, 'cause that saves me buying another radio...

Status
Not open for further replies.