N4CYA Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Picture's of my Motorola XPR 5550 403-470mhz Analog & MotoTRBO digital radio with Diamond antenna.

DiamondAntenna_zpsc0128932.jpg

MotorolaMOTOTRBO_zpsda0ee904.jpg

MotoTRBOscreen_zpsd80508e0.jpg

MotorolaXPR5550Analogscreen_zpscb258328.jpg

Mototrbo_zps59968768.jpg

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Now you will have to get a matching XTL! :)

Jacob

Jacob,

I agree not sure if there is much use on the local P25 ham repeater down the road from me so not sure if I want to spend out the money for a XTL mobile radio.

- Jamie

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
Plug the repeater output into a scanner and let it sit there for a bit. You won't know what they are saying, but will give you an idea of activity!!!!

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Plug the repeater output into a scanner and let it sit there for a bit. You won't know what they are saying, but will give you an idea of activity!!!!

The closest system for P25 is in Lakeland about 25 miles away from where I live so not sure if I would be able to hear any activity.

Nice setup, does that antenna have a spring on it?

Thank you. Not sure if it does or not.

MK

The homes in your area look terrific too. The HOA probably doesn't allow any major antenna structure!

MK

You sound like a stalker. This is precisely why my call sign isn't on RR.

Jacob
That was certainly not my intention at all. There is no reason to be paranoid. I commented on the photo because I live in a new home community with HOA rules that prohibit most antennas. The only type of outdoor antenna I have seen in my area is a small satellite dish for DirecTV or Dish.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
The homes in your area look terrific too. The HOA probably doesn't allow any major antenna structure!

Nope they're real stricted on outside antennas accept for Dish Satellites.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Picture's of my Motorola XPR 5550 403-470mhz Analog & MotoTRBO digital radio with Diamond antenna.

(images trimmed)

Nice radio! If you don't mind my asking, what did that set you back? Did you purchase it for yourself or is it a work radio. I haven't seen many TRBO radios in personal vehicles yet. Looks nice!

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Nice radio! If you don't mind my asking, what did that set you back? Did you purchase it for yourself or is it a work radio. I haven't seen many TRBO radios in personal vehicles yet. Looks nice!

Instead of purchasing the radio brand new I found a local Motorola authorized dealer in my area who had this radio as a demo around the shop with the microphone. The sales man who sold me the radio and microphone plus the accessories for $730 including taxes and shipment charges. It depends on the local commerical dealers in your area and what they quote you on a price and it all depends on which model mine is a 25 to 45w model.

I like the radio it's the best sounding radio that I came to enjoy since I've been a ham radio operator. Some of the locals around my area say they like the sound of the audio I use the radio for mostly Analog and sometimes MotoTRBO digital when I hear some one actually talking.

Here is my video review of it included is my antenna and lip mount setup. Also there is some ham's talking local on a analog FM repeater.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J61wmxeAxR0

SCPD

QRT
Thanks I learned something new today,I had no idea that radio existed,Kudos have fun and 73s!

Status
Not open for further replies.