Looking for Richland Co/Olney Illinois CTCSS/DCS Tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

billkater

Premium Subscriber
I am looking for all know tones for Richland Co, Illinois. Mainly the Fire Channels. I have checked the Data Base and CARMA but not listed. If Anyone has I would greatly appreciate if you would share them. Would love to block out all the test pages from surrounding areas.

Thanks

Bill

stevelton

Sorry to tell you, but fire band in Richland county is all carrier squelch. Same for the ambulance channel.
The database for Richland county is very accurate

nick1427d

Premium Subscriber
I'm not familiar with the psr-600 but on my unidens (780s etc) When I select the PL tone I hit the L/O instead of enter.

If the frequency you are referring to is 154.430 and has a PL tone just lockout that PL tone.

Again not sure if the PSR-600 can do this or not, and you may have to do it manually (without software) perhaps ask in the Radioshack or GRE forum.

nick1427d

Premium Subscriber
Not being from your area I took a look at all the surrounding counties to Richland.

All I can say is MY GOD!!

Why on earth is everyone so set on staying with 154.430.

ps: I don't think the whole tone L/O thing will help you with all those....sorry I feel your pain

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Go to the "scanlist" that has the freqy, press pgm then F2 twice, scroll down the menu for the freqy till u see set tone and set it to "SEARCH", if its not set to "search" the scanner will sit on the freqy looking for the "PL" and u will miss the first part of any transmission....Even tho it has no PL should be set this way ...Check the GRE web site.....

cifn2

Feed Provider
154.430 is just a common dispatch channel, which some areas are now moving off of. Marion County has moved to a new channel, and I think Effingham county has a new one licensed as well.

nick1427d

Premium Subscriber
I agree that many are moving off of it, I just feel that it shouldn't have taken this long. Washington Co was also supposedly moving off of it.

I know a lot of this stems from the "old days" where everyone used similar frequencies because of mutual aid. For instance here near me St. Clair county, Monroe, and Clinton all used 154.190. Clinton has moved off but Monroe is still using it but with PL. The issue I have with that is these dispatch centers are paging on the same frequency, which causes reception issues, not just me but FF who rely on pagers.

Sorry for the rant just feel that when it comes to VHF frequency allotment a lot of FDs are just very stubborn. Seriously if you changed your tone outs from 154.430 to say anything else that isn't used near you, would it really be that big of a deal? The hardest or most expensive part would be reprogramming everything.

Multiple agencies using the same frequency for tone outs has been proven to be unsafe.

I also don't think a lot of FDs realize that it violates NFPA to use a "tone out" frequency for response/fireground.

Status
Not open for further replies.