New Scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
It's advertised as a new product on their site, but hasn't this scanner been out for a while already?

It is only new to Radioshack! They just recently expanded their scanner line by offering more Uniden brand scanners. Way overpriced!

Manny

scanner404

Feed Provider
I agree, why pay more when you can get the same product at Scanner Master for almost half the price they charge at Radio Lacks. Speaking of new scanners though, anyone hear of any new scanner's coming out for 2013?

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
doctordialtone--I am a dealer for Uniden Bearcat and my cost sheet shows $423.99 so R/S at 399.95 is awesome. Wait till I tell my distributor this on Tuesday! WOW
Have a good Sunday!

Bob

Good to know, Bob. Every time I think about it I am tempted, but already have one 396XT, but still! Maybe one for the car and one for the house, or any other lame excuse I can use to maybe justify the purchase.

Take care!

SCPD

QRT
LOL doctordialtone! I have a Uniden BCT-15X and also a Radio Shack PRO-97 for the car and use on fire scenes,etc.
Have a nice evening. We may get a good dumping of snow come the end of this up-coming week. What part of Central CT are you from or PM me sir.

Bob

doctordialtone--I am a dealer for Uniden Bearcat and my cost sheet shows $423.99 so R/S at 399.95 is awesome.
Bob

The 396XT was boosted to $419.00, contrary to their claim of On Sale at $399 until 1/24, which is why many people no longer think of Radio Shack first anymore. Yeah I suppose that it was briefly available at $399, but the price hike reeks of Bait & Switch.

I give them another 5 years...

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The 396XT was boosted to $419.00, contrary to their claim of On Sale at $399 until 1/24, which is why many people no longer think of Radio Shack first anymore. Yeah I suppose that it was briefly available at $399, but the price hike reeks of Bait & Switch.

I give them another 5 years...

Has anyone shoved a copy of that sale until 1/24 in their face yet?

No wonder they are listed as one of the five companies closest to extinction! :mad:

n9zas

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
F.Y.I.

I think they also sell recondition canners also,so the reason for calling it "new".

It is a violation of federal law for any retailer to knowingly sell a "refurbished" or reconditioned item as "new".
Refurbished items MUST be labeled and / or advertized as such.

Not sure if you are aware.

Manny

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
N1SQB, I guess I didn't explain myself to well. I said they also sell reconditioned scanners as well and they do also sell new ones. ;)

MTACOP

Retired
Premium Subscriber
Memories of the good old Radio Shack stores before they sold their soul investing in cell phones.... used to be a one stop shop to get your electronics, now they rarely have anything.

Stay warm out there

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Memories of the good old Radio Shack stores before they sold their soul investing in cell phones.... used to be a one stop shop to get your electronics, now they rarely have anything.

Stay warm out there

you got yhat right i think some of the scanner you can only purchase on the website,but they used to be real good,but still good for radio componets and elctrnic stuff needed for a prject at home

freightguy

Radio Shack

They have to advertise to sell something. Issue is, if you were to go into any of their stores, you would have to pay for the scanner and wait for it to be shipped to the store from their warehouse. They do not stock them in the stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.