Silence is not golden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niveus73

Okay, I'm having trouble getting my feed setup. I've read and followed the wiki's. This is my first feed so I'm sure I am just overlooking something. I have the 1/8th cable plugged into the headphone jack of my scanner. It is plugged into the Line-in on my audio card. I start up ScannerCast and start broadcasting. (I choose the Line-in as my input) My scanner volume is about 30% and the line in level is about 30% also. When something comes in on the scanner I can hear it come through my pc speakers, but nothing ever actually gets broadcasted. I have the app on my phone and again can hear the scanner, and wait for it to come through on the phone but nothing. (other peoples feeds work fine)

My gear is this
Uniden BCD396XT
Windows 7 32bit
Creative Audigy 2 ZS sound card
Scanner Cast software for broadcasting

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

Steve

richtidd

Database Admin
Okay, I'm having trouble getting my feed setup. I've read and followed the wiki's. This is my first feed so I'm sure I am just overlooking something. I have the 1/8th cable plugged into the headphone jack of my scanner. It is plugged into the Line-in on my audio card. I start up ScannerCast and start broadcasting. (I choose the Line-in as my input) My scanner volume is about 30% and the line in level is about 30% also. When something comes in on the scanner I can hear it come through my pc speakers, but nothing ever actually gets broadcasted. I have the app on my phone and again can hear the scanner, and wait for it to come through on the phone but nothing. (other peoples feeds work fine)

My gear is this
Uniden BCD396XT
Windows 7 32bit
Creative Audigy 2 ZS sound card
Scanner Cast software for broadcasting

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

Steve

Please see here:
Setting up your Broadcasting Station

How to Maintain a Good Feed

Niveus73

Thanks for everyone who responded. Turns out it must be something with the line - in jack. (Which is weird because I could hear it through my pc speakers) The audio level meter wasn't picking up any activity either. I plugged it into the MIC on the sound card made the modifications and now it works. I assume the small delay is natural.

Steve

rcool101

Feed Provider
Did you try the sound that comes with your computer? I have an Audigy card too but don't use it. Plug your plug into the blue line-in for the built in one and try it. I have a 396t for a feed and run mine at 8 on the volume and 100%. I think your kind of loud and almost distorted. My son lives in Stow and thought I would check your feed out. I have an old Dell desktop with XP

Last edited:

rcool101

Feed Provider
Whoops. My Bad....Year old thread...Just noticed....Feed is still too loud though. Looks like the feed was added a few days ago. Maybe trying it again

Status
Not open for further replies.