Billings Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

srockne

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know what happened to the Billings PD? I cant find them on the scanner.

Gumbyooo

I wish I knew. They are not broadcasting on the 800's or the rebroadcast. I have even tried the live Internet feeds.
I sure hope someone finds out what changed FAST!!!

SCPD

QRT
are they still using 00 855.21250 00 856.46250 00 857.96250 00 855.71250 00 856.9625?

if so we should update the LTR system to a P25 system or is the LTR still active also?

srockne

Premium Subscriber
Anyone have a list of the talk groups they have found or a .996 file?

fotoguy

Have they decided if they are going to encrypt or not? St. John was talking about wanting to when they went to P-25.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
We're receiving conflicting information about the status of the new radio system in Billings. Can we confirm what frequencies are being used on the new P25 radio system? Also, are they using conventional or trunked technology? Finally, is this system a part of the Montana Statewide Project 25 TRS? Any confirmed information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you! :)

73's

Ron

srockne

Premium Subscriber
They are still using the same frequencies listed in the database. How ever they are now using a p25 trunked system.
Once you learn what the talk group id's are, this works great. I can now follow a conversation. Much better than the multinet system.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
They are still using the same frequencies listed in the database. How ever they are now using a p25 trunked system.
Once you learn what the talk group id's are, this works great. I can now follow a conversation. Much better than the multinet system.

What frequency is the data channel for the system operating on? If you could run Pro96Com software on this new system, it would give us a lot of information to place in the database on this Web site.

73's

Ron

srockne

Premium Subscriber
Well i would if i could get pro96com to work with my 996xt.
The only program i have found that works for me is FreeScan.
The data channel is 855.2125

srockne

Premium Subscriber
SID: 01F6H-0101
WACN:92503. What ever this is
This is all I have found. Please bare with me I am new to the digital scanner

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Perfect, that is what we needed to know. Now, can you tell us what talkgroups are active? That will help out a bunch of people who would love to monitor this system. Thanks for your efforst!

srockne

Premium Subscriber
I have submitted the info for the talk groups already. it looks like they have been uploaded to the data base. I still have a few more, however I cannot confirm who they are for yet.

SCPD

QRT
I roll through Billings sometimes... I used to monitor them on 155.67 I think. Is the new digital system patched to the old x 2 radio system?

srockne

Premium Subscriber
They no longer rebroadcast on 155.670 since they moved to the P25 system

steve722

"We will keep the line open in which dispatch sends messages out to police and fire crews," she said. "This is obviously public information and it is accessible."

Sounds like they will do the same thing their doing here in Helena, everything will be encrypted except Dispatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.